The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

One Down

Graduation came and went. It wasn't at all like I imagined though. It's probably because I had no one to celebrate it with. Not even any of my family came. Such a loving family I have, right?

The guys' band, Avenged Sevenfold, got signed soon after graduation. I never saw them after school let out. It was probably best that way though.

The summer after, ‘the man who caused an uproar at a High School prom,’ as the newspapers described it, was convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to ten to thirty years in prison. His name was Rodney Jenkins.

The newspapers called me a hero saying, "18 year old Raven Callister thwarted Jenkins and had a friend call authorities." For this, I was a hero around town for about a week. Then it died down, which was perfectly fine with me.

One day in the middle of summer, I was sitting on my bed with Cerberus thinking. I did this in most of my spare time now; either plotting to take out The Avengers somehow or just old memories (which sometimes were so vivid I felt like crying). But most of them I tried to keep set on my revenge plans. I wanted the people who had caused all my pain annihilated.

This was the day I made a legitimate plan, which was also one I could be killed executing.

Now, it's been a few weeks and I'm standing outside of the prison at 3 A.M. getting ready to put my plan into action.

I started having second thoughts about even going through with it, knowing one little mistake could really screw me over. I dismissed these thoughts and went on with the plan anyway.

I had studied the guards' patterns and knew when to make my move. When that time came, I scaled the fence surrounding the prison. I found the window near Jenkins's cell and climbed through.

I found him asleep on his cot. I quickly took out the security cameras, awakening him. He didn't seem the least bit surprised to see me.

"Hello Raven, I wondered when I'd see you again."

"Shut up. I don't want to hear you." I had my gun out and was pointing it at him.

"I see you've come to finish the job."

"Yeah, but I want information first."

"Alright, I guess you've won it fair and square."

It annoyed me how cheery he was even though he was about to be killed. "I want to know where your little buddies are," I growled.

He walked back to the toilet and grabbed some toilet paper. "Got a pen?"

I handed him the pen and watched him write. He handed me the paper with three addresses on it. I examined them then said, "These better be legit."

"I have no reason to lie to you. It's not like you'll live if you go after them."

I pocketed the paper and pointed the gun back at him.

"Ready when you are."

I pulled the trigger, sick of hearing his mouth, planting a bullet between his eyes. I put my gun back on my hip and headed out of the prison.

I thought back to Jenkins's last statement about me dying on my quest for revenge. It almost stopped me from going through with all this. But, then I thought of all I had lost because of them and only wanted it more.
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! Another chapter!

Comment?

M. Vegeance