The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Hidden Memories

Six years have passed since then. I did take out The Avengers single-handedly, but that's a story for another time.

Soon after, I quit my job. It had caused way too much trouble for me. Surprisingly, I wasn't killed for it. My boss said he understood but swore me to secrecy. I was to never speak of it again or I would be killed.

As far as Zacky and the others went, I never saw or heard from them. I guess it was probably best this way.

"What do you think of Avenged Sevenfold?" Darren asked me as we were closing. Darren was my new boss at the music store I worked at now. He was pretty cool.

"They're pretty good," I replied while scanning the rows of CDs to make sure everything was in order.

"Ah, well they're new album comes out tomorrow and it's supposed to be pretty good I hear."

"I guess we'll see, huh?"

"Yeah. Did you know any of them by any chance? From what I understand, you're their age."

"Eh, I had probably heard of them at least once, but I didn't associate with them," I lied. I figured the truth might spark other questions.

"Okay, well I think I can finish up here so you can leave."

"Alright, thanks Darren. I'll see you in the morning." I walked out into the dark parking lot and got in my car. The conversation I had with Darren made me think of Zacky and the others. Memories flooded my mind making my heart ache.

I parked my car in the garage, entered the house, and was greeted by Cerberus. He was old and lazy now. If you didn't know any better, you'd never guess he was ever hyperactive. I smiled down at him and patted him on the head. Cerberus was a very good companion.

I didn't realize how tired I was until I laid down. I set my alarm and fell asleep.

Zacky's P.O.V.
"Can we go now?" my girlfriend, Kate, asked me. We were all at Matt's house discussing the album that came out tomorrow and other things that had to do with it.

"Yeah babe. Well, we're out of here."

"Don't forget about tomorrow," Matt reminded me on our way out. I nodded and Kate and I left.

"Am I the best girlfriend you've ever had?" Kate asked randomly on the way home.

"What kind of question is that? Of course baby."

"Aw, you're so sweet Zacky." She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek.

That was a flat out lie. Don't get me wrong; I'm not using Kate or anything; I like her. It's just, she's not the person I fell in love with and honestly never stopped loving. Raven was the most amazing girl I had ever met and no one was her. I always felt guilty when I thought about Raven, so I kept it to a minimum.

When we got home, Kate said she was tired and went on up to bed. I pulled out my wallet and took out a picture I had hidden. The only reason it was hidden was because no matter how sweet Kate could be, she sometimes got really jealous.

The picture was of me and Raven on my birthday. I sighed and returned the picture. I missed her like crazy and would give anything just to talk to her; even if it was only a minute. But, I knew it wouldn't happen. I had to keep my promise. That's what seemed to cause most of my pain.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in one day. I'm doing this a lot now.

Comments please?

M. Vengeance