The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Forgotten Faces

Raven's P.O.V.
I was awakened by my alarm the next morning, but when I looked up I saw it had been beeping for thirty minutes.

"Shit," I muttered as I jumped off my bed, startling Cerberus. I only had fifteen minutes to get ready for work now. Why did I have to be such a hard sleeper?

I threw on a black and red striped tank top with a pirate skull on it and a pair of shorts. Since I didn't have time for my hair, I just clipped it up and applied a quick layer of eye makeup. Last, I hopped into my Converses and ran out the door.

I arrived at work right on time and let out a deep sigh.

"Good morning, Raven," Darren greeted. I smiled and waved. I walked over to the boxed that must have come in this morning. I opened the boxes and saw they were filled with copies of 'City of Evil.'

"We need this many?" I questioned Darren indicating the three large boxes.

"Yup. Just put them on the 'New!' shelf."

I nodded and carried the boxes over. The best part of working in a music store is you get to listen to music anytime you want; which also meant the new stuff. I put on the headphones, go lost in my own world, and went to work.

Zacky's P.O.V.
God, it's too fucking early to be going to a signing. I suppose it will all be worth it later.

I arrived at the CD store where we'd be signing the CDs to promote the new album just as Matt was getting out of his car and Jimmy was pulling up. We walked in together. I examined the store. This place must have had every album known to man. The walls were lined with CDs.

"Whoa, hot girl at twelve o'clock," Jimmy said.

Matt just shook his head. "I'm going to go talk to the manager."

After examining the place, I looked in the direction Jimmy had indicated earlier. He was right. A girl was across the room putting our album on the shelf. She had blonde hair that was clipped up. She was wearing short shorts and a red and black tank top. From this angle, she had a pretty amazing figure too.

Jimmy smacked me so I'd stop staring. "You might get a boner if you're not careful," he said.

I scowled at him. "Shut up." I took one last look at her. She seemed familiar somehow.

Johnny and Brian came in a few minutes later. The manager walked over to us with Matt.

"Alright, we're going to get a table set up for you guys so just hold tight." The manager walked over to the girl and pulled off her headphones. They talked for a few minutes then the manager returned to us.

"Okay, we'll have everything ready in a minute. If you need me, my name's Darren and I'll be in the back."

Darren went to the back of the shop leaving us to wait.

Raven's P.O.V.
Darren told me I was in charge of a signing when I finished putting these albums on the shelf. The least he could have done was told me.

So far, I like Avenged's new album. I figured it would be good; the guys were great musicians.

I finished stocking the shelves and pulled off the headphones. After I got the table set up, Darren called me over.

"Yeah Darren, what's up?"

"Raven, I want you to meet Avenged Sevenfold." I stared at him disbelievingly. but when I looked passed him, I saw none other than five of my best friends from high school. God, it's been so long. They look so different now. They probably don't even recognize me, since I've made a few adjustments to my appearance.

Darren let out a fake cough, bringing me back to the world of the living. I smiled sweetly and as casually as if it hadn't been six years since we've seen each other. "Hi guys."

"This is Raven. She'll be making sure everything goes well today."

I felt five pairs of shocked eyes on me. But the ones that really caught my eye were the bright, beautiful green ones that had haunted my dreams for six long years.

"Raven Callister?" Zacky asked.

"Yes Zacky, it's me."
♠ ♠ ♠
WOO! NEW CHAPTER!

Comment? Tell your friends?

M. Vengeance