The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Guilt

Zacky's P.O.V.
I really didn't know why I had started laughing, but it felt good. When we both finally stopped, Raven said, "Well, that's enough about me. What's it like being on the road?"

"Wild. We play, sign shit, travel, and party. It's pretty cool," I answered.

"Sounds amazing. Way more fun than what I've been doing, which is just sitting on my lazy ass most of the time."

"Aw, come on. You've had to have done more than that. What did you do for fun when sitting on your lazy ass got too boring?"

"I went out of course. It's not as fun by yourself though," she replied, pulling her legs up so she was sitting cross legged.

I looked at her skeptically. "Did you not get another boyfriend or something?"

She crossed her arms defensively. "Of course I did. Just none of them worked out. Most of them were just nymphomaniacs that just wanted to get in my pants."

"That sucks."

"Eh it wasn't so bad. You know how I am. I'm a loner. It doesn't bother me to be alone." She shifted slightly in her seat and pushed her hair out of her eyes. I could tell she wasn't all that comfortable. I didn't really know how to change that either.

After a few minutes, Raven said, "I'm bored."

"Wanna go out?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to ask this or not but I might as well try it.

She bit her lip and hesitantly answered, "Sure. I'm going to go change though."

I watched her hop off the couch and go up the stairs. I'm surprised she said yes. I thought for sure she'd yell at me for even asking. I was glad she didn't.

She came back down a few minutes later wearing a Misfits tank top and jeans.

"Let's go," ordered Raven as she finished pulling on her Converses.

"Eager are we?" I asked jokingly. She punched me in the arm and I gave her a fake hurt look. She laughed and walked outside. Looks like I can still make her laugh.

Raven's P.O.V.
"Your car or mine?" I asked from the porch.

Zacky walked out and stood next to me. "Mine I guess."

We talked quite a bit on the way to the club we were going to. I had forgotten how easy it was to get along with Zacky. Yeah, he had his moments where he was a complete asshole, but most of the time he was really sweet.

The club was pretty packed when we got there. "What do you want to do first?" asked Zacky as we entered.

I shrugged. "There's not much to do. You either drink or dance, so take your pick."

"Let's dance," he replied with almost no thought at all. I was actually a little shocked. I figured he'd choose to go drink.

We danced at a respectable distance. I didn't want to dance closer; something didn't exactly feel right. After a few songs, we went to rest until 'Dare' came on.

"C'mon, I like this song," I said pulling Zacky back up.

"But I'm still tired," he complained. I just kept pulling him anyway.

"What happened to being tired?" I asked smugly when Zacky started dancing with me.

"I don't know."

I giggled. "You're so weird."

Zacky moved closer to me and the feeling that something wasn't quite right came back. Somehow, I ignored it and moved closer too. Soon, we were dancing right next to each other like we were a couple again.

I suddenly got the feeling we were being watched and stopped. Zacky looked at me questioningly and I just shook my head. I started dancing again so Zacky wouldn't worry about it anymore.

"Zack Baker!"

I felt chills run down my back as we both stopped dancing and looked in the direction the yell had come from.

An extremely angry-looking Kate was standing about five feet away with what I guessed was a few of her friends behind her. I guess I should have listened to my conscience.

"What the Hell are you doing with that whore?" she asked.

Whore?!?

"Kate, she's not a whore and it's not what you think. We're just friends."

"That didn't look like "friends" from here!" At this point, I think all eyes in the club were on us.

"Look, Kate-" Zacky began, but Kate cut him off.

"I don't want to hear it! I bet it was all you, you skanky bitch!" she yelled at me.

I finally lost it. I stomped toward her. "You know what? Maybe if you weren't so fucking jealous and would let your boyfriend have friends, this wouldn't be a problem! He wouldn't have had to sneak around you to see a friend he hasn't seen in six years!"

Kate glared at me. "Don't tell me how to run my life!" She slapped me across the face.

That was it. I had held back and not punched her this whole time but now I couldn't hold it back. I threw my fist into her face and hit her nose.

"Kate, Raven, stop!" Zacky said from behind me. We both ignored him and started advancing toward each other. I attempted to punch her in the face again but Zacky grabbed me from behind.

"Let me go!" I demanded. Kate was holding her bleeding nose and was glaring at me.

"Ra, stop, this isn't helping."

"I don't care! She's been pissing me off ever since I met her!" Zacky didn't let go, even as I struggled.

"You fucking bitch! You try and steal my boyfriend then you break my nose! You've got a lot of nerve you slutty home wrecking-"

"Kate, shut the fuck up!" Zacky yelled. Kate looked taken aback.

"I'm tired of you being so jealous of every girl I talk to. Raven's a very good friend of mine who I haven't seen in years. So, you just need to calm the fuck down."

"So that's what you think of me, huh Zacky? Well fine! We're through!"

I couldn't see Zacky's expression as Kate and her friends marched out of the club. Slowly people started going back to their business. I felt guilty for being the cause of the break up.

"Zacky?" I almost whispered.

He hadn't let go of me yet so I nudged him with my foot when he didn't answer. He snapped out of his trance. "Huh?"

"Can you take me home now?" He let me go and nodded.

The car ride to my house was silent. I was afraid to even make eye contact. He was probably mad at me for lashing out at Kate like that.

Zacky walked me up to my porch. I turned to him before he walked back and said, "Zacky, I'm sorry."

"For what? You didn't do anything."

"Yeah I did. I made Kate break up with you."

"Raven, I did that. It's probably best this way anyway. Things were starting to get shaky between us."

I stared at him disbelievingly, but nodded.

"Well, I'm gonna go. I'll talk to you later. Night."

"Night Zacky." I turned to my door and opened it. No matter what Zacky said, I still felt guilty. The guilt was so bad, I started to feel sick. I hurried up to my room and laid down, waiting for sleep to take over.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think!

M. Vengeance