The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

A Clouded Imagination

Raven's P.O.V.
After Zacky and I had had our fun, I laid my head on his chest while he played with my hair. I started to doze off and was closing my eyes when Zacky said, "You know what we should have done six years ago?"

"What?" I asked without opening my eyes.

"We should have left; just went somewhere where no one would ever find us. Then maybe none of this would have happened."

I opened my eyes and lifted my head. "That wouldn't have worked."

"Aw, come on. How do you know?"

"Well, back then, we were two teenagers hopelessly in love with virtually no money, your parents would have never gone for it, and look how many people we would have hurt along the way. The guys would have been out a guitarist and I don't think Casey would have been too thrilled if we just left."

"Well, when you put it like that it does sound stupid. But you have to admit, that would have been pretty awesome."

"I don't know. It might have been."

Zacky chuckled. "You're always a realist, Raven. Never using your imagination."

I propped myself up on my hands. "Well, when reality has slapped you in the face several times in your life, your imagination tends to get clouded," I said, unable to control my cool tone. I uttered a quick apology for it.

"Don't be. You have the right to get mad at me." I laid back down, still feeling guilty. I hate my conscience sometimes.

I was starting to fall asleep again when Zacky's phone started ringing. Zacky groaned and muttered something like, "Who the fuck could that be," and leaned over to read the caller ID. I saw him scowl at it before lying back down.

"Who was it?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"Kate. She was probably calling to bitch me out some more. I swear if she keeps this up I'll change my number." I giggled, knowing he was probably right. I wonder if she'd confront me again. If she did, hopefully it wouldn't be soon.

"I should probably get going soon. I've got work tomorrow,” I stated as I sat up.

Zacky gave me a disappointed look. "Aw, you're not going to stay the night?"

"The only clothes I have are wet and I have things I need to get done at home."

"Alright, fine. I'll take you then." I nodded and started searching for my clothes, which were still wet. Once we were both dressed, I followed Zacky out to his car.

Zacky pulled up to my house and I got out. When he didn't get out with me, I leaned down to the window and asked, "Aren't you going to walk me to my door?" Zacky looked over at me and shook his head. As he got out, I heard him mutter, "Women."

"What are you doing tomorrow after work?" Zacky asked when we got to the door. I shrugged. "Well then I'll call you."

"Okay. Talk to you tomorrow then." I gave him a quick peck and watched him leave. No one, not even Kate, could break us up now. Ha, and Zacky said I was always a realist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait...I had some serious writers block.

This one's just a filler so I know it's kind of boring. The next one will be better, I promise!

M. Vengeance