The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

A Life-Changing Chat

Zacky's P.O.V.
Raven and I had been going out for about a week now and I honestly couldn't be happier. The only thing that was messing with my mood was Kate. She kept calling and it was starting to get really annoying. Changing my number at this point sounds like a great idea.

"Will she ever give it up?" Raven asked, clearly annoyed by another interruption from Kate's phone calls.

"I don't know. Maybe I should just answer next time and maybe then she'll leave me the fuck alone."

Raven shrugged as I pulled her into a hug. "Well, I better get going. I promised Casey I'd hang out with her tonight," she said and kissed me on the cheek. "I'll talk to you tomorrow."

I walked her to the door and watched her leave. I went back into my living room and turned on the T.V. After a few minutes someone rang the doorbell. God damn it, I just got comfortable.

I opened the door and to my great pleasure saw Kate standing in the doorway. Damn, I wished I had just stayed on the couch and acted like I was asleep.

"Zacky, I need to talk to you," she stated.

"Look, if you're here to bitch me out, I don't want to hear it. I'm not in the mood."

She gave me a shocked look. "I'm hurt that you would think that Zacky. I'm sure you wouldn't think that about Raven."

I glared at her and thought about just slamming the door in her face, but decided to be the bigger person. "I also don't want to talk to you about Raven. So, leave her out of it or leave."

"You're right. She's not important anyway," said Kate smugly as she walked passed me into the living room. She sat on the couch and beckoned me to sit next to her. I ignored it and sat in the chair instead.

"Well, since you obviously don't want me here, I'll get right to it," she began. "I went to the doctor today because I haven't been feeling well for the past few days. They did some tests and it turns out I'm pregnant."

My jaw dropped. "What? How? We used protection and I thought you were on the pill."

"I was, but you know that stuff isn't one hundred percent."

God, what could have gone wrong? I wasn't ready for a kid yet. How was I going to tell Raven?

"Look, if you don't want anything to do with our child then I'll get an abortion or something."

"No, I'm not going to let you do that. I want the baby." I couldn't let her get an abortion just because I wanted to be with Raven. That'd be totally selfish.

She smiled. "That's good. I don't really want my kid to grow up not knowing its father so, how about if we forget everything that has happened in the last few weeks?"

"Like get back together?" I already knew the answer, but I was dreading it. She nodded causing me to sigh. "I guess we don't really have much of a choice. I don't want to have to juggle a kid between the two of us. It'd be too much for it."

"That's what I thought. Well, I better go." She got up and left. God I felt horrible. How was I going to tell Raven? She'd probably understand but I know it would hurt her. Sometimes, I wonder if I do anything but hurt her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you all like this one better! Comment and tell me what you think!

M. Vengeance