The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Vampire Love

At about 6:30 the next day, I decided I had better get ready for my date with Zacky. I didn't do much; just changed my shirt to a black tank top and touched up my hair and make up.

The house was quiet except for my dog, Cerberus, who was running around the house with his squeaky cat-shaped toy. My parents were gone for a whole week on some church getaway or something. Who the hell would want to go to that?

By 6:55, I was completely ready and went downstairs to wait. I turned on the T.V. and flipped through channels until the doorbell rang. I switched the T.V. off and headed for the door. I opened it and quickly stepped out, not wanting Cerberus to run out on me.

Zacky looked at me up and down and smiled. "Ready?" I nodded and followed him to his car.

After he got into his seat, he tossed me a CD case. "Pick anything you want." I opened the case as he started to drive away from my house. He had a pretty good collection: Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Guns N' Roses were a few.

"So, where do you want to go?" Zacky asked as I pulled out 'Appetite For Destruction' and put it in.

"I don't care. Do you not have something planned or something?"

"Eh...not really. I don't know what you're into so I figured I'd ask." I smiled. He was actually being considerate.

When 'Welcome to the Jungle' started playing, Zacky chuckled.

"What are you laughing about?"

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about something stupid that happened."

I arched an eyebrow. "Well, now I'm curious so tell me."

"Alright fine. I'm laughing at your CD choice. It made me think of the retarded reason my last girlfriend dumped me."

"Why'd she dump you?" I couldn't help but ask. When I got curious about something, it wasn't easy to just drop it. He seemed more than happy to share though.

"What happened was I was picking her up for a date and I had this CD in. Well, she came out to the car and just stopped. I looked at her with the best 'What the fuck?' expression I had. All she sad to me was 'I can't date a guy who listens to this. The lyrics are degrading to women.' Then she stormed off and never spoke to me again."

When he finished, I busted up laughing. "Are you fucking kidding me?!? That has to be the worst excuse ever!" I exclaimed through my giggles.

"Yeah, I thought so too. I started laughing so hard I almost pissed myself."

We drove on for what seemed like hours, even though it was only like five minutes, until we stopped at a movie theater. "Sorry, this was all I think of," Zacky said apologetically.

"It's fine," I told him as I slid out of the car.

"So, what do you want to see?" he asked at the ticket booth. I shrugged,

"Anything scary , I guess." Zacky paid for the tickets, we got our refreshments, and entered the theater.

While we were waiting for the movie to start, Zacky turned to me and said, "You're being way more cooperative than I expected."

I shrugged again. "I'm in a good mood."

He smiled evilly. "A good mood, huh?" I punched him in the shoulder.

"Don't push it."

When the movie ended, we walked out of the theater laughing at all the people who had gotten scared and screamed their lungs out.

We drove around town singing to the rest of the Guns N' Roses CD and talking about random things. When the disc finished, Zacky took me home.

I got out of the car and started heading back to the house when Zacky stopped me. "Hey Raven." I turned back to him. "My band and I are having practice tomorrow and I was wondering if you wanted to come. If you're not busy that is."

I wasn't busy, and believe it or not, I did have fun with him tonight. "Um...sure."

"Cool, I'll pick you up around three then." I nodded and turned back to the house.

I went inside, changed into some P.J.'s, and watched T.V. with Cerberus until I passed out on the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, there you go. Tell me what you think so far.

M. Vengeance