The Frayed Ends Of Sanity

Hope He Doesn't Hate Me

Zacky's P.O.V.
We finished practice at about six and decided to hang out in the garage for a while.

"We should start sending some of our stuff to record companies if we're serious about this band," Matt said.

"You think we'll get signed?" Brian questioned.

"We won't know until we try."

"I'm in," I said. "I think it's time we attempted to get this band going. What do you guys think?" The other three agreed.

After a few hours of bullshitting and goofing off, Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny left, leaving me and Matt alone.

"Oh shit. I need to get my car. You mind giving me a ride to Raven's?" I shrugged.

"Sure." I had nothing better to do and it gave me an excuse to see Raven again.

"So, how serious are you guys?" Matt asked after we had driven a few blocks.

I thought a minute. "I don't think you could consider us boyfriend and girlfriend yet, if that's what you're asking," I answered glumly.

Matt chuckled. "This one's a little tougher to get, huh?"

"Shut up. We've gone on one date. At least she doesn't hate me anymore."

We arrived at Raven's house soon after I made my last statement. Matt and I went to the door and rang the doorbell. Casey answered it. "Where's Raven? And why are you answering her door?" I questioned, finding it weird that Casey would just answer the door of someone she barely knows.

Casey put her hands on her hips and glared. "She's in the kitchen and she asked me to answer the door because she's busy."

She let Matt and I in and I went to the kitchen while she and Matt sat on the couch. When I walked in, Raven was at a counter reading something. I snuck up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Hey. What are you doing?"

"Making pizza. If you know what's best for you, you'll let me go," she replied without looking up. I decided not to make her mad and let her go.

She walked over to the oven and put two pizzas in. "So what brings you here?"

"Getting Matt's car."

"Ah. I figured." She sat on the counter next to the oven. After a few minutes, she asked, "Want to hang out with me and Casey tonight? Matt can stay too so you won't feel so outnumbered."

"Sure," I answered, trying not to sound too excited.

Raven's P.O.V.
I smiled when Zacky accepted the invitation. I knew he wouldn't be able to turn that down.

When the pizza was finished, Zacky helped me carry it into the living room. Casey and Matt were making out on the couch so I threw a pillow at them. "What the Hell Raven?"

"Food's ready." Casey stuck her tongue out at me and I just smiled.

After eating and watching a movie, Casey and Matt went upstairs, leaving Zacky and I on the couch.

"If they do anything on my bed, they better change my sheets."

Zacky laughed. "What do you want to do now?"

"I dunno. We could watch 'Nightmare Before Christmas.'" He shrugged so I put it in.

About halfway through the movie, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw it was my boss. I groaned. What could he possibly want?

I went into the kitchen and flipped the phone open. "Hello?"

"Raven, I need you to take Alfonso to the pier to pick something up for me."

"Can't he drive?" I asked, knowing the answer. I really did not want to do this right now.

"He wrecks all the time or else gets stopped. You know we don't need kind of attention."

I sighed. "Fine. I'll be there in a minute." So much for not having to work this week.

I walked back into the living room. "Zacky that was my boss and I have to go in. You can stay here until I get back or leave. It should only take an hour or so."

He turned from the movie to look at me and said, "Okay. What happened to not having to work this week?"

"I have no fucking clue. If Casey comes down, just tell her where I am." He nodded an turned back to the screen. I hope he's not mad.

I got to the hideout and saw Alfonso waiting for me by a car with keys in hand. I snatched the keys away from him and hopped into the driver's seat.

"Someone's moody. Did I interrupt a date or is it just your time of the month?" Alfonso jeered.

"Just shut the fuck up before I use these keys to slit your throat." He turned away from me and didn't talk the rest of the way.

Once at the pier, Alfonso got out of the car and went into what looked like an old abandoned warehouse. I started getting impatient after about ten minutes. I started thinking about Zacky sitting on the couch alone. He'll probably hate me forever now.

Alfonso finally returned with a package in his grubby hands. My natural curiosity made me wonder what was in it, but I had learned not to ask.

We returned to the hideout with no diversions (which was exactly how I liked it). I watched Alfonso enter the hideout then geaded back to my car.

When I got home, I noticed Matt's and Zacky's cars were still parked out front. So he stayed after all. Randomly, I wondered what my parents would say if they knew I had two guys at the house so late.

I entered the living room and found Zacky asleep on the couch. I laughed to myself, finding it cute and decided not to wake him. I laid on the recliner next to the couch and exentually fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there's another chapter! hope you like it!

Feedback is still appreciated

M. Vengeance