You're the Reason Why

She Just Needs To Remember

Rooney opened her eyes, looking around. She wasn't sure where she had been, or why she had been there. She just knew she wanted out.

Spinning her feel over the bed, she stood up and yawned. "Hello?" She whispered incase somebody else had been sleeping in the room. With her luck, there wasn't. "No matter where I go I am alone." She muttered to herself as she walked over to a closet and opened it's wooden door. Her clothes -or at least clothes that she would wear- were already sitting neatly inside. Waiting on somebody to slip them on and get them dirty. "Who..?" She started to ask.

"Professor X sent me to buy these clothes for you."

Rooney jumped and spun around on her heel to find a girl almost as short as she, with brown hair and barely any make up on. "Wh-who are you?" She asked, her head had started to hurt.

The girl giggled. She couldn't have been much older than Rooney herself, but you never knew in these times. If she had been in these times. "My name is Kitty, I am a mutant. Like you." She smiled.

"Mutant? Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?" Rooney asked as she played with some hair that fell in her face.

Kitty laughed. "Oh, Still Rooney. We're kind of like that, but we have more epic powers." She grinned.

"And what is your power?"

Kitty grinned once more before she backed up through the wall. No where to be seen now, Rooney heard her giggle again as she came back through the wall. "That's what I can do."

Rooney nodded her head. "And.. there are others?"

"A whole school full. This is the school, and you are at home."

Rooney thought about this for a minute. She couldn't remember her home, she couldn't remember much other than her name and that she had done something she never even dreamed of doing right before she woke up here. She had some how caused a building to burn down, without using any kind of fire..

"I'll take you to Professor X, he'll already know you're up. But I'm sure he'll want to meet you face-to-face." She took Rooney's hand and led her down hallway after hallway. Rooney was too confused to know what had been going on. She realized she had been wearing night clothes, but so was Kitty. It must have been night, or early in the morning.

Kitty led her down a huge rool, almost like a living room. Kids were laying down on the floor and on couches, and others were sitting in chairs and talking to the ones on the floor. She noticed a couple leaning against the wall, making out and touching each other's chests.

"Down here.." Kitty said once they climbed some steps and walked down a long hall. Kitty walked right through a door, taking Rooney with her. Rooney felt awkward going through it, but at the same time she thought it was cool.

"Ah, Kitty. I see you brought me a guest." A man in a wheel chair spoke from the window. She then realized it had been dark, but she wasn't sure what time it was.

"Is this her, Professor?" A low voice spoke. It was scratchy, but made Rooney melt a little.

"This is she, Logan." The man in the wheel chair turned around. He had no hair, but bright blue eyes. "Rooney, it's nice to finally meet you. I am Professor Charles Francis Xavier. But the kids around here call me Professor X for short." He smiled and wheeled himself over to the two girls. He looked the red haired girl over then turned to a man in a chair by an oak desk.

The man stood up out of the shadow's and walked over to them. "Rooney." He nodded at her, stopping mid-step. He looked her over as well, but making sure to look at every feature.

"Logan." Professor X rubbed his timple, but smirked all the same.

The man nodded once more, and smiled. "Rooney, I am Logan. Also known as Wolverine." He held up his hand and what Rooney saw next startled her. Three long, sharp claws came from no where on his hands. "I am, too, a mutant. I have a few different.. erm, powers I can control. This is one of them." He let his hand back down. She noticed Kitty staring at him, as if he had been some really hot older man. He was a really hot older man. But Rooney didn't want to let him know this.

"Logan is one of my helpers. He helps me protect the school, and helps me take care of the kids. Storm is another helper of mine, but she and my last helper are gone for a few months. Possibly less, we never know. But if you need anything, anything at all. You call me or Logan here." Professor X smiled at me, giving me a small wink.

"And me, Roon." Kitty smiled. "If you feel like you need to talk, but it's something you can't tell them, just talk to me."

Rooney smiled. She was already feeling like she belonged.

"Jean has informed me that you lost your memory. We plan on helping you get most of that back. Now, young Rooney. Can you tell us what you remember so far?"

She thought for a minute. Staring off into space, trying to remember. "The last thing.. is.. I think I was in some kind of store and somebody started yelling at me.. I was playing on a bike or something. I got mad.. and.." Her eyes grew wide. "I blew the place up. I remember walking through the fire without it hurting me, and I remember people running around on fire burning to the ground. I tried to save a few little kids but I couldn't put the fire out, I thought I could control water as well but I had been wrong.."

Kitty looked from her, to Logan, to X and back again. Logan stared at Rooney as if waited on more. And X just stared at the ground.

"You remember more.. I know you do." Rooney jumped, looking up to Professor X.

"Did you just.." She asked.

"I can get inside your head, yes." He smiled.

She was creeped out by now. Did he know that she was starting to like Logan? Or could he read other things that she couldn't remember at the moment?

She knew this was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! First chapter! I am happy with it. Comment? Sub? PLease? xD