You're the Reason Why

Beauty and the Beast

I shoved my hands in my pockets and walked down the hall. I had a class in ten minutes and I felt like utter shit. No sleep, and for the fact X woke me up early, when I should have been sleeping in.

Thunder roared outside. The weather man never called for storms, so that meant Storm was under the weather. I shrugged it off and walked into my classroom where Rooney was already sitting. She had her red and black hair down over her shoulders, bangs covering her face. She was hugged her knees while sitting in a seat near the back.

I slowly walked over to her and sat down. I folded my hands and leaned over my seat. "You alright, kid?" I asked, gently.

She looked up at me slowly and shook her head. Tears sliding down her beautiful face. She was always so beautiful, and I didn't call too many girls that. But she was a student, probably years younger than I looked. It could never work. I couldn't think of her that way, even though I would dream about her almost every night.

"What's wrong?" I asked as I wiped a tear away with my thumb.

She bit her lip and shrugged her shoulders. "I.. I don't think I can really talk about it."

"You can tell me anything." I muttered. I was so.. animal like. And she was just like a little kid. Beauty and the Beast, that's what we were. Minus the being in love part.

We were silent for a few minutes. I gave her time to think about my answer she didn't really ask for. Finally, she turned towards me and opened her mouth.

"I lost my memory." She blurted out. "Jeep.. Jeep has this diary. It's full of things that happened to me when I was younger, when we dated. But I remember none of it, and everything I do remember isn't even in the book. Apparently I've been trying to make up my own life for years."

My jaw dropped to the floor. I had nothing to say to this, because I wasn't sure what to say. I just sat there as she looked at me, more tears filling her eyes. I bit my lip and patted her shoulder. "Do you know what happened?" I asked.

She shook her head. "I didn't get that far. He kicked me out because he had a class."

I thought for a minute. I wanted to help her, wanted her memory back. It hurt me when I thought of her being with Jeep, but he'd probably be better for her. I was too old, and he was so young.

"Jean." I said. She looked confused. "Jean and X can help you. We can probably help you with your memory." I smiled.

Her eyes sparkled now. "Really?" She asked, getting rather excited. I smiled and nodded.

"Yep, I'm pretty sure. They helped me out."

She grinned and hugged me tightly. I hugged her back gently, hoping I wouldn't break her. I wanted so badly to kiss her, but I couldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short. It's kind of a filler. Comments? I'm starting to update this weekly, so it's easier to remember. Follow one of my Twitter's for info on my stories! Every Tuesday is this one! Check out my others.

Twitters: @creestuhh or @christabugg