Status: update when i can!!

It's What Makes Me, Me

Never MindThe Darkness We Can Still Find A Way

We had made it this far, if freedom was ripped from us now it would be a cruel twist in fate. For the most part we had escaped uninjured. I was still curious at why Ellie had been taken too. What had she done? Did she even know what she’d done? ‘Why were you there?’ shit did I really just say that out loud? Her eyes, icy blue pierced right through me; only for a second did she stay angry at me, anger fading to confusion. ‘I…I don’t know, I just assumed that you’d know’ trembling as she spoke, she was telling the truth she really had no idea. Telling her the reason I was taken might be the key to why Ellie had been severed from society, it seemed like she genuinely hadn’t done anything to provoke that reaction.
We had been travelling for a while now I figured we’d be safe or at least have the time to sit and rest, the perfect time to tell Ellie my side of the story, well all the parts she needed to know, I would leave out my past till this school it was too painful to talk about without the warmth and security of Charlie’s arms around me. Pulling Ellie softly to the side of the grit track we were walking down ‘we should rest for a while’ I muttered, I was regret manipulating my mind into allowing me to do this but now it was decided I would. ‘You really have no idea why you were there do you?’ she shook her head in agreement ‘you cant tell anyone about this but I know why I was there, only a few others know why, Charlie, Jared, Alex, Andy and Gavin. Before I begin I just want you to know I don’t blame you’ Ellie looked more confused than ever, she was about to say something but I had to cut in ‘just let me explain’.
‘The story begins that first math lesson, when you wanted me to become a cheerleader; I was conflicted, I hate the superficial side of the sport but tumbling has gotten me through so many hard times in my life. When you said I had to go to Caitlin’s party I was scared I knew something would go wrong and Charlie and I had a massive argument because I was supposed to be staying at his. At the party when I met all the jocks everyone got divided and I ended up alone with Elliot, after he spiked my drink we ended up in a bedroom, he tried to force himself on me I was still too strong for him though. This was how I got these scars, on my thigh and side, the scars on my knee and head were from running away from the party. Later on in school Elliot threatened me if I told anyone then he would hurt me more than I could imagine, well you could guess that I told the guys so I ended up here, I’m still not sure how he found out about me telling them’.
The tears finally brimmed over, hands flying to her face to hide her shame, ‘I... I’m so sorry’. I didn’t blame her and I knew that by telling her she would feel guilt, feelings began to break through the barriers within me, I had never felt bad about causing someone else pain before but Ellie didn’t deserve this. I felt as if all Ellie’s pain had been because of me, my judgment couldn’t have been more wrong, she wasn’t a manipulative bitch like Caitlin and the other cheerleader I’d met before, she was a genuine person, kind and now damaged. Drawing her into a friendly comforting hug, it was nice to have a real friend.
Relaxing on the cool grass as the orchard forced shadows upon us, I finally felt peaceful the fresh breeze took my memories of the past week if only for a second. Heavy from the lack of sleep, my eyelids began to flutter before I finally gave into temptation and closed them. The blackness was calming, with no complicated twists or intense pulls on my emotions, and in my calm only one thing got to me, Charlie. I could see his face, his cute smile, the feeling of his arms around me and the way that when his breath hit my neck it sent shivers down my spine, ‘Charlie… Charlie’ I mumbled under my breath. My daydream and peace was destroyed as the sound of a car engine and tyre’s on grit came into ear shot.
It was time to run, again.
Jumping to our feet we ran, hand in hand, we were a team, together until the end. All this running was getting to me, my breath trapped in my chest, had my ribs been broken? The force of being pushed down the steps or the chair smashing could easily have caused this pain. Through gasping breath I spoke ‘we need to find Charlie and the guy’s, they’ll help just like they did before’. All Ellie could do was nod in agreement, this was from my knowledge the worst thing that had happened in her life, but was I right? Had her life really been smooth sailing?
I was wrenched from my inquisitive thoughts on Ellie; a faint noise had caught my attention ‘Lexxi…Lexxi’, my name repeated again and again. I knew that voice, Charlie. Then he appeared, running up from behind his breath catching in his throat, how far had he run? I could help myself I had to do it; I slammed my lips into Charlie’s, snaking my hand to the back of his neck I kept my lips pressed to his, my teeth nibbling at his bottom lip. Backing away slowly my hands shielding my mouth, what had I done? Charlie’s hand tickled as it glided across the skin under my chin, pushing my head up so our eyes met, his soft lips planted a small yet meaningful kiss on my cheek, it was just what I needed, I was his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorryyyyyyyyyy about the time between chapters i had lots on but should be more regular now :L :)
Title- G'N'R
Holly :D xx
please comment :D