‹ Prequel: Romantic Nightmare
Status: ....

Beautiful Daydream.

Odd is my normal.

I had to go talk to him.

I walked down the familiar steps, and across the street.

I began pacing in front of the door. “Man up! You don’t know these boys. You can’t know these boys.” I whispered to myself.

I went to knock, pausing. No I can’t. I was just about to walk back as the door opened.

“Um….” I said. I was shocked and felt like a complete idiot. My face was a bright shade of red.

“Hello! I see you came over to chat!” Clyde laughed, shoving Xander aside. “As much as we would like to have you, we need to go.” He smiled.

“Oh…umm…well…okay um….” I stuttered. My face turned a darker shade s I felt like a complete idiot.

“I just wanted to say hello.” I lied. “And yeah…I guess I’ll see you guys around.” I said quickly, running back home.

Slamming the screen door behind me, I fell to the ground. “Stupid stupid stupid.” I said, hitting my head.

“How was the neighbors, honey?” My aunt asked. “Fine.” I lied, running upstairs.

I hated this. I knew they were familiar. It was like Déjà vu gone bad.

I paced around my room, getting anxious in my own skin. I had to get out of here.

I grabbed my journal and ran outside. I laid on my stomach in the newly cut grass.

I flipped through the pages, and decieded to read another section.

This dream was different tonight. There were the bright blue and red eyes again. They were behind the trees.

Watching me from afar.

I was laying in a patch of grass, flowers surrounding me. A small butterfly landed on my leg.

“What a pretty little butterfly.” One of the pair of eyes said, from afar.

On it’s wings, shown a picture of me and a hazy face. I looked happy.

If I didn’t know any better, I looked in love. That was all tonight. Maybe it would be a bit more clear tomorrow.


“What’s that?” I heard. I stared up, and realized it was Clyde. “Nothing.” I said, quietly, hiding the journal under me, as I sat up.

“No really. What is that?” He smiled playfully. “Nothing!” I shouted, a smile tugging at my lips.

Once I looked down, it was gone. Clyde was standing above me, reading it.

I got up as I tried to grab it from him. “Hey give it back! That’s not cool!” I whined.

“This is…odd.” His face seemed flushed and was drained of what ever color was left.

“It’s dreams okay?” I snatched it back, putting it behind me.

“Strange dreams.” He said. “I have a strange mind.” I smirked.

“You know, people say dreams are the key to life.” He said, shrugging. “People say a lot of things.” I whispered.

He nodded.

“Sorry about earlier. We were just in the middle of something, but remember. You’re welcome anytime.” He said, smiling.

His eyes reminded me of snow globes. They were basically shining.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “You’re cousin. He’s kind of…odd.”

“Odd is normal in my book.” He smirked. “Am I odd?” I asked.

He stared at me for a second. “Yep.” He grinned. “You hardly know me.”

Something clicked in his eyes. “I can just tell.” He smiled.

I laughed, not exactly knowing what he meant.

“Oh look at the time!” He said. “I must get going!” He continued, flustered.

“Nice seeing you again, Clyde.” I smiled. “Nice seeing you too, Trinity. You too.” He grinned, turning away.

“Little butterfly flying again.” He whispered, not meant for my ears. With that, he walked away.

Something about how he said that, made me think. The process of half my brain started again.

I know who he is. I’ve seen him before. Oh ya! He is…

The thought was gone.