New Direction

Metal Contraptions.

The landing was shaking, and just when I thought my mom was doing alright, she fainted.

“Really, mom?” I laughed, fanning her with a barf bag.

“I hate these metal contraptions,” my mother mumbled, batting my hand away. I giggled to myself, helping my dad get our stuff from the overhead compartment. Despite my recent display of refusal, I was excited, now. We were in Lima, Ohio. Not that I knew anything at all about this city, I just thought it would be great to practically start my life over.

We were the last ones off the plane because my mother wouldn’t open her eyes. Once she did, and we were off, we all smiled. The airport wasn’t crowded and everyone looked happier than anyone I’d ever seen in California.

“Does that sign say our name?” My mother asked. I followed her finger to an old man holding up a cardboard sign that, indeed, said Perkins,.

“Oh, that must be the taxi I said we needed when we got here. He’s gonna take us to our new apartment,” My father lead us to the taxi driver with lit eyes.

“Mr. Perkins,” the driver said with a gum filled mouth. My dad smiled, nodding his head in the process. We followed the driver to a yellow checkered car, opening the door for us before putting our bags in the back. We climbed into the small car, closing the door behind us. The driver slammed the trunk, making us jump, before getting into the driver seat and driving off. The traffic was light, I’m guessing the usual flow at this time of day. Before we new it, we pulled up to Brower Common Apartments.

The place was nice and I saw a swimming pool closed off by a tall fence. Before we stepped from the car, my dad paid the driver 50 bucks.

“Thanks, man,” the driver gratified, handing us our stuff. My dad nodding before the taxi drove away, leaving us on our own. My mother sighed, tears welling up in her eyes as she muttered, “Welcome home,”
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry these are so short. The third one is quite long, so it will hopefully make up for it.

Ohio Attire: http://www.polyvore.com/joey_joanna_nicole_perkins/set?id=32111632