New Direction

Joanna Perkins, Please Report to the Principal's Office. Thank You.

“Joe? Joey. Joanna?” My eyes fluttered open to the sound of my father’s voice.

“Dad?” I groaned, looking up at his worried face.

“Joey. What happened?” I looked around, noting that I was in the nurses office.

“Some-some jock guy was bullying Kurt for being gay… I stuck up for him,” my dad nodded, encouraging me to go on. The dick deserved so much more than I was about to give him.

“I pushed the guy away, into the lockers behind him and he rebounded, causing me to face plant into the lockers,” He didn’t believe me, I could tell.

“The guy who did this is in the office with Principal Figgens. They want to speak with you,” I took a deep breath and nodded, ushering my dad to help me up. My body hurt, mainly because nothing broke my fall, except my face, which hurt the worst. You have to be one messed up guy to hit a girl. We went next door, and knocked Principal Figgen’s door.

“Come in,” We walked inside, seeing more people than I expected. Kurt was sitting next to an older man in a truckers cap; stitched on his shirt was a name tag that stated “Burt”. On the other side of the room sat the jock and probably his father. Principal Figgens sat at his desk with his dark hands folded.

“Mr. Perkins, Joanna, have a seat,” We sat in the middle chairs; my dad insisting I sit in the one farthest from the jock.

“We’ve heard from Kurt and David. How about your side of the story, Joanna?” I cleared my throat, wincing at the pain in my jaw.

“I was walking from lunch to my next class when I heard a slamming noise. It was the second time today, so I was past furious. He,” I pointed to… What’s his name? David. “was bullying Kurt for being gay.” All the guys-excluding my dad and Kurt-sat up a bit straighter. “So, I stomped up to them, pushing David away. After that, he…” I bit my lip, debating.

“He what, Ms. Perkins?” Principal Figgens questioned, eyeing me. I glanced at Kurt who nodded for encouragement.

“He… He rebounded, smashing my face against the lockers behind me…” I wasn’t afraid of him. In fact, fear wasn’t on the list, at all.
  • Hatred
  • Anger
  • Disappointment
But, underneath all of that, was sadness and hope. He could be helped, I was sure. The fact is that he doesn’t want to be helped. Kurt and David’s face were in shock.

“Are you sure that’s what happened?” Principal Figgens asked, glancing from me to david, to Kurt, and back.

“Yes-”

“NO!” Kurt shouted, standing up. “That is far from what happened!! He hit her! Don’t you see the bruise?! What kind of locker can out a bruise square in your jaw?!” Burt brought a fighting Kurt into the hallway.

“Joanna, are you telling the truth?” my father questioned. I didn’t look at him, only at david, who was staring right back.

“Yeah, dad. That’s what happened,”

We were dismissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wellll, here's the next chapter. Hopefully the next one is better, I'm writing it right now, hehe. Glee=LIFE! comments=♥ ;D