New Direction

Car Rides and Tears.

The rest of the day went fast. Whether it was the fact that everyone was in that rush, or I was just excited for Glee, I wasn’t sure. But, I was on my way to the choir room, with Kurt by my side.

“Why would you lie, Joey? We could have gotten him out of this school-”

“I don’t want to ruin his life, Kurt. He just needs help. Maybe I can help him-”

“No,” he cut me off as we stepped into the choir room. “He can’t be helped. He won’t change.” I sighed, walking with him to two empty seats.

“Kurt, go ahead and sit down. Joey, I wanna introduce you. Come up here,” I cleared my throat, stepping beside Mr. Schue.

“Everyone, this is Joey Perkins. She’s a our new member-”

“Mr. Schue? If I may,” A girl in a plaid skirt stood up, staring at me. “As great as it is to include another person into this club, and as much as we’d love to have a new member, I don’t think it would be fair to the rest of us if we just allow someone we haven’t heard sing a single note join without an audition. That’s speaking for the whole Glee club, of course. We must be the best,”

Mr. Schue laughed, slightly, but nodded his head, leaving me in front of the rest.

Alright, Joe. This is your shot. Don’t screw it up, I took a deep breath and started singing, beginning kind of shaky, but regaining power as I continued.

It was funny, their reactions. Finn already knew of my voice, of course, so he and Mr. Schuester were the only two clapping. Kurt had a tear in his eye, though that could just be his regular look. Each person had shock on their face.

“Just amazing, Joey,” Mr. Schue squeezed my shoulder and told me to sit down. I sat in the chair next to a staring Kurt.

“Joey,” he whispered as Mr. Schue explained my arrival. “that was wonderful,”

I bit my lip with a smile.

“Thank you,”

“Alright! This weeks assignment is-Drum roll, Finn,” Finn banged the drums with a grin.

“Theatricality!” Everyone cheered, high-fiving each other. “and, even better, our inspiration is… GAGA!” I just about shrieked.

“I’m guessing you’re excited-”

“Only majorly! Gaga’s my idol!”

“This is a lame assignment, Mr. Schue,” I wasn’t surprised that it came from Puck’s mouth.

“Only if you can’t handle it,” I smirked. He scoffed, but smiled when he looked at me.

“I can handle anything, baby,” he winked. I rolled my eyes.

“Prove it,” I heard several oohs before Mr. Schue laughed.

“I think we have a challenge. Whoever is the most theatrical, wins lunch, your choice, on me!”

“I so got this,” Santana smiled, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Bring it on,” I smirked, slyly. The rest of Glee was spent picking out music.

“Tomorrow, we sing!” Mr. Schue announced, piling several papers and folders in his arms before dismissing us. Before I could reach for my bag, Puck showed up in front of me, grin in place.

“Hey, baby,”

“Somethin’ ya need, Puckerman?” I question, sarcastically, hinting at the closeness of his face.

“You’re more of a want, not a need,” I rolled my eyes, starting for the door.

“That’s both insulting and pathetic. Way ta go,” I punched him in the shoulder (with considerable force) before walking again. He grabbed my wrist, spinning me around.

“Come on, babe. Everyone wants the Puck,” I pulled my hand away, patting his cheek.

“Not everyone,” I whispered, walking out the door. This school didn’t give off a very good first impression. Pregnant teenagers, bullies, players. Hopefully my second day is better. Once I got to the parking lot, I remembered my dad had already left.

“Son-of-a-”

“Need a ride?” I sighed, turning to face the boy staring at me from the passenger window.

“You can’t be serious,” I replied, glaring a bit. David rolled his eyes, tightening his grip on the steering wheel.

“Look, I just- I didn’t mean to hit you, alright? I- Just, please get in?” I wasn’t sure if this was the best idea-he probably gave me brain damage, considering how hard I hit the locker. But I looked around and got in, buckling my seatbelt before he drove off. It was silent, for a moment, until he had to ruin the silence.

“Thank you for-”

“Save it,” I mumbled. “I don’t even know why I did it,” His eyes dropped a bit. I had to make a point. It was now or never.

“Anyone in the school- anyone anywhere- and you choose to pick on the sweetest guy in McKinley. Why? That’s all I want to know: Why. Why him,” David’s knuckles were white from the gripping the wheel so tight.

“I…don’t know,” He was hiding the truth. I would have to reason with him, somehow.

“Yes you do, David. I’m sure you’re a nice kid, when you want to be… But it’s people like you who kill people like Kurt-”

“I would never kill anybody-”

“No, but you’d be the cause,” David shook his head, denying that he was that mean.

“Turn right,” I instructed. We pulled up to my apartments moments later. I had to get through to him; make him feel like he can trust me. After my hesitation, I unbuckled my seatbelt, turning completely towards him.

“Look, I know you didn’t mean to punch me out or whatever; your anger is involuntary. Plus, I don’t really don’t care about being punched out or whatever, because it gets attention-I’m a slight attention whore. But, what you do to Kurt is wrong, and you know it,” He looked down, tears beginning to form.

I actually felt bad for the jerk.

“If you ever need anything, anyone to talk to… Stop by. Apartment 102...” He eyed me for a moment, then nodded. I took that as my leave.

“Thanks for the ride, man-”

“I can come anytime?” I heard him ask. Right then I saw the resentment in his eyes; the sorrow that came with it almost tortured me.

“Anytime,” I replied, breathless, before closing the door. I was on the sidewalk when he pulled away. A tear glistened on his cheek before he sped off.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is just a filler, I'm working on the next now. Comment? ^___^