New Direction

Must Be Dreaming.

It was three a.m, and I was awake.

Not by choice of my own, of course.

My dream had gotten too wild to stay asleep, and I could respect that...if it was noon.

Once I realized I wasn't getting back to sleep, I settled for writing in my journal, telling it what had happened between me and David... How much I liked him...

Dear Journal,

I expect you remember how I told you I was practically dreading coming to a new state and going to a new high school; and I did, at first. But, the fact is simple: I'm more happy here. I've found friends and music and...a boy... He's different, y'know? Like... he gets the girl's perspective of things. I admit: at first I thought he was the douchiest jerk I've ever met (and that's saying something, considering the guys and girls at my old school) do to the fact he pushed around my friends and gave them slushie facials every chance he got... But, all he needed was someone who cared about him; actually cared. And I think I'm that person. He's really changed, Journal, and I can't wait to see him again...

Well, enough with all the sappy crap, right? I'll write tomorrow.

Joey Perkins


I closed the front cover over the chicken scratch, placing my journal back in the drawer of my night stand, along with my favorite pen. I laid my head against my backboard, thinking.

I haven't really had time to think in the last week. With glee rehearsals, Kurt's pleas to make me over (which I was slightly insulted by. I thought I looked fine.), and falling for a guy I thought I would always hate took up a lot of time.

So, I thought:

Will; the brother. How fascinating. All these years I thought I was an only child and it turns out my Spanish teacher is my brother... Not necessarily cliché, but close enough. What would people at school think?

David Karofsky; the bully. Was he my boyfriend now? We do really like each other... I wouldn't want to make anything official without consulting him first... What if this was considered forbidden love? Finn has proved that the football team and glee club don't really mesh... And what would the others think?

The Glee Kids; the friends. Is this considered betraying them? Dating the person that's been tormenting them since they've started the greatest thing in school? What if they hate me for the rest of my life? Or worse... what if they kick me out of Glee club?!


This all made my head spin, and I reached my hand up and turned off my lamp, slinking back under the blankets and pulling them up to my chin.

No dreams, please.

* * *


On Monday, I was determined to find David. The day after our perfect date, he said he was too busy to see me, and would meet up with me on Monday.

This was all over a text, all in abbreviations.

There was something wrong, and I was going to find out what it was

"Hey, Joey!" Finn ran up next to me, blocking my view of the library.

"Hi," I said bluntly, causally trying to look around him.

"Dude, is something wrong?" Finn questioned, stepping completely in front of my vision.

"No! Look, Finn, I'd really like to talk, but I'm trying to look for someone, okay?" I accidentally snapped, striding past him into the library. I would apologize eventually, sense he looked so hurt when I practically said I didn't have time for me, but I needed to know what was wrong with David.

After all, we have chemistry.

"David?" I whispered, spotting the scary librarian glaring my way as I made my way through the shelves. I heard a chuckle on the other side of the Science fiction section and I kneeled down, moving over some Stephen King books to get a better look. David sat at a table, looking to tall for the chair, laughing with the person opposite him. The latter had very dark skin and was a little chubby. He wore a designer scarf and the whitest smile I'd ever seen.

I knew him as Alex: the new gay kid of the school.

They were holding hands under the table top.

Alright. I must be seeing things.

I tried to listen to what they were saying.

"I saw you with that girl last week," Alex whispered, rubbing small circles into David's hand. "What's going on?"

David contemplated what to say. "She...She plays for the same team...Yeah. We're...beards. Like I told you, you're the only one who knows about me..." He gave Alex a grin.

I bolted from the library (making sure to remain unseen). David's gay? Why would he lead me on like this if he didn't even...like girls?

"Sorry," I mumbled as I ran into someone.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to the voice. The boy had shaggy hair and wore nerd glasses. A guitar was slung around his back

"Never better," I sighed, continuing to walk down the hall.

"Hey, wait!" he called, grabbing me by the elbow and pulling me back. I ran my fingers through my hair, staring up at him.

"I'm Cameron," he introduced after a moment, extending his hand for mine.

"Joey," I murmured, hesitating to shake his hand.

"It won't bite," he chuckled, filling the gap between our hands.

"Look, man, I hate to be rude, or whatever, but I really don't feel like talking right now-"

"Maybe I could help?" he suggested, looking hopeful. I glanced back into the library, saw David and Alex hugging, and quickly looked back to Cameron.

"Let's go to the auditorium."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh. So the secret's out. Hmmm...Too soon? D:

I decided to add some of the Glee Project members into the mix (So far: Alex and Cameron). If you have a favorite and want me to add it, tell me! I have some spots to fill xD

Also, I can't believe Hannah went home!! Totally should've been Lidnsay.

Annnddd, what do you think of the new backround?