Don't Try to Stop Me

Chapter 4

The sky was darker around the pirate ships, almost as if to prove there was bad even in the best of dreams. In the captain's quarters, the meanest of the pirates paced, trying to decide which hook "hand" he was going to use for the day.

His eyes were black to match his hair, beard, and soul. He had a sinister smirk which replaced a smile as he fell in love with his reflection in the mirror. He stroked his hair back with his single good hand and admired himself. He would never change for all the opposite reasons of Peter Pan. Captain Hook was vain and never wanted to loose the face he viewed as handsome. He wanted to feel the command and power he had, knowing he was in charge and that this was how it would always be.

At the same time, he was sick of the idea of innocence. Children and their disgusting dreams and wasteful wishes made his insides shrivel up. He wanted to destroy that happiness in every child. The way he saw it, it was better sooner than later that they realize how useless all that dreaming was and finally face the truth in this miserable existence called life.

He glanced out of the window beside the mirror and spied a floating object. He scrambled for his telescope and held it steady with his right hand.

"Peter Pan." He snarled the name of the boy and then eyed who he was flying with. It was that Wendy-girl, but she had grown since he'd last seen her. Wendy had developed into a woman, while Pan had remained a boy.

Peter continued to dodge the cannonballs and laughed the whole time, knowing Hook could never get him. "Oh, don't worry about him, Wendy! We can deal with him later-"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt her arms loosen around him. She began falling through the air and he leaned forward, diving down even faster to catch up to her. He gritted his teeth, but didn't realize a cannonball was coming straight at him. He was hit and the blow knocked him down before he could get to her.

Wendy continued to fall until she hit the water. Captain Hook had watched the whole scenario occur and was already on his way to rescue her.

~

When Wendy woke up, she found herself in a bed. She blinked a few times, wondering about the dream she had just imagined. She lifted an arm when she remembered the stitches in her wrists and saw that they were still there. None of it had been a dream.

She threw off the covers and swung her legs to the side of the bed, ready to stand up, when she realized she had a new nightgown on.

Just then, the door to the room opened and her nightmare entered. There was Captain Hook, with a silver left hand, smirking at the girl he had captured.

"Pan thinks he can save you now, but he'll never be able to. You're mine, love, and I assure you that I will make you mine."

She froze and began shaking as if his words were a knife and he was stabbing her repeatedly. He moved closer to her and knelt in front of her. He pulled her close to his face to see the fear in her eyes and ran his hook over her cheek, scratching her deep enough to make her bleed. "Don't be afraid, my dear. It's nothing you haven't been through before."

She cringed at his touch, fighting tears. She felt the pain returning to her insides, the torn feeling between her legs. "Don't touch me."

"You can't fight me, girl." He pushed his hook into her side. "You can't do a thing."

She cried out at the pain as his hand pushed up her gown. Hook simply laughed and repeated himself. "I will make you mine."

At the last word, she fell back into the bed and back into the clouded sleep of comfort her body had retreated to. She woke up as she was being carried in her torn gown onto the main deck of the ship. Wendy screamed as the men touched her, passing her to where the captain stood by the plank.

"You thought Pan could save you, but he never will! You'll be mine forever." With that, he scratched her other cheek.

She was blinded by her tears. This is what she had wanted to escape. He would own her forever, he was right. He owned her with his touch and she would never be able to live without that scar on her. The stitches on her wrist tightened, trying to hold her together just a while longer.

While she was being pushed forward onto the plank, she rushed to turn around and face him. 'You'll get what you deserve for this."

Her hair blew in front of her face as she took the steps backwards. She never took her eyes off his as he stared into her. This was her final act. He wouldn't force her off the plank, she'd walk off herself.

The ticking of a clock echoed around the ship as she took her backwards steps. The captain turned away from her at the sound of it and ran back into his quarters; The coward. Deja Vu tickled at her mind as she took the final step backwards and fell for the last time.