Intero

Hospitality

As I stood there his eyes raked over my frame, in a way that many before him had. I was like a siren; this shade of red was at such a contrast to my pale luminous skin. He began to circle me slowly, heading towards the left of me, his eyes slowly moving around me, although I had a feeling that he was seeing far more of me than my appearance, yes I could feel him looking into my soul. How I knew this is just as much of a mystery to me as it is to you. I shoved him out with an ease that surprised me, I felt his returning surprise more than I saw it. He placed a massive hand on my shoulder and spun me around with a force that was a little over the top for the situation, well at least I thought so. He looked deep into my violet eyes as he took a step closer, I could feel the coldness beneath his shirt, it radiated from his soul itself. And again I had the suspicion that it should have frightened me but again it did not.

I was often treated like this; few women had the strength to back there once equal stands. The true power usually lied in the men, with few exceptions. I brought my left hand up and shoved against his chest, making him take an unwanted but needed step back, I followed suit, I was not going to be man handled. He chuckled a cold and oddly grating sound as he clapped his broad hands together, his booming voice focused upon me once more- “I suspect you are after my hospitality Ivory, am I correct?” I gave him a small nod, just a brief movement of my delicate head, the movement would be small and quick, you would miss it if you so much as blinked.

My own voice whispered across my full lips, it was ringed in a power that would surprise most and it did in fact surprise the man, it was beautiful and laced with a slight accent from the many years I had walked this earth. “Yes sir, I have been traveling for quite some time and would be most grateful for a place to rest.” He seemed once again taken back by my tone and it made that dark, cold smile on his lips more broad and full. His lips gave way to a perfect row of teeth, sharp and white before he took off once again in a circle around me, I had obviously spiked his curiosity, his next question only backed up my theory more. “You will be granted my hospitality on the condition you tell me what you are, keep in mind I will know if you are lying.” His tone held a warning edge, one that was obvious. Who would be stupid enough to lie to this creature, she thought.

But I honestly couldn’t answer this question I had only memories for the last decade before then nothing, absolutely nothing. To say it was frustrating beyond belief was an understatement. And as I spoke I said as much to the powerful man, he almost grew angry at this but he could hear the sincerity in my words and the truth within me to back up my words. I saw something flash in his eyes, an idea and that was slightly mischievous I thought. I had only a moment to react as I watched him pull a blade that was concealed on his thigh, as he moved the blade in a way that kept the deadly weapon perfectly balanced he sent it flying towards my heart, in a movement that would only be a blur of movements to poor humans eyes.

There was a reason why there were so few of them left these days, there lack of advanced senses and cocky attitudes had secured their fate in more ways than one. My own movements took on this hyped speed and I twisted my body at an odd angle to dodge the hurtling blade. It whizzed past my heart, I felt the movement across my bare flesh. I slipped into a fight stance as I locked my now glowing violet eyes on his; I was pissed all over again. You wouldn’t believe how many times I’ve gone through the same situation every time I enter a kingdom. Again humans stood no chance against us; they wouldn’t last five minutes in this place.

A snarl ripped up my delicate throat, the sound would turn my lips up in a grimace, though I knew it would still be slightly beautiful in a way that was dangerous and unforgiving. It ripped the castle apart; it sliced through the entire castle moving in a way that was more than slightly eerie. It would hit him with a force that would almost make one think my voice had a solid form, although of course it didn’t I wasn’t one of those creatures, they were odd things often short and angry usually. He was taken back and he once again clapped his hands together, and I could feel the energy around me crackle ever so slightly as he could he.

He waved his hand towards the hall his amused chuckle moving through the castle after my horrifying snarl. “Oh Ivory, you’ve intrigued me. You are under my hospitality, rest and I will see you when you have rested, we have much to talk about my dear.” He would focus those onyx eyes on me in a way that made me groan inwardly, again I would go through the motions of being a toy under some curious, bored asshole. I bowed my head as I stood out of my stance to show my respect and murmured a thank you in my beautiful tone as I took off towards the halls, my movements still holding that eerie grace that would make any dancer weep.

Yes he had granted me hospitality but I might as well have been a prisoner with the two pathetic demons waiting outside my door patiently, they bowed to me and opened the aged, wooden door. They were well trained they avoided my eyes and didn’t speak. The room feel under my gaze, the delicate furniture were antiques, expensive ones at that. They were all made out of dark woods that were rich and smoothed with age. The fabrics were a brilliant red that was very similar to the shade that adorned my frame. I walked on light feet over to the four posted canopy bed, rich almost transparent fabric draped over the frame, the fabric itself moved in the slight breeze from the opened arched window that let the warm summer’s air in. I sat on the plush covers and reached down to undo my shoes before I placed them beside the high bed. I slipped the dress over my head and hung it over the stool at the foot of the bed. The moonlight trailed across my bare fleshI slipped under the covers and sunk into the pillows embrace as I cast my eyes to the window, I look out to the stars as I waited for sleep to take me into its arms, and let me escape if only for a few hours.