(STILLUNKNOWN)

Chapter 1

"Are you okay? I heard about your... you know." Ari McCrip said, flipping his hair out of his eyes. It was no wonder he was a cover model for PB. he has shaggy black hair, crystal clear blue eyes, and a body worthy of Michelangelo. And he was my best friend.
"Yeah. I'll be okay." My cousin had just died. That's what he was referring to. Images of my uncles boat, the baseball cap, and my cousin jumping in the dark, stormy water flashed through my head. I swayed.
"Whoa. Rain, come sit down." Ari led me to a bench in our hallway. "Put your head between your legs. That's a girl." He sat next to me and stroked my hair.
"I'm fine." I sat up and took out my hand held mirror. "I hate swaying. It makes me seem like one of those preppy, rich girls. God, I look like shit, too."
"No, you don't. You're gorgeous, as always." Ari said. It was then that I realized his hand was still on my hair. He leaned towards me, and then stopped. I didn't realize I had been holding my breath until I really couldn't breathe.
"Ar-" I gasped for air, only to realize my throat was closed.
"Rain, stop playing. Rain. Rain!" Ari jumped up and picked me up bridal style. If I hadn't been gasping for breath, I might have noticed his muscles rippling and how he was so strong that he wasn't even breathing hard carrying 130 pounds of human.
"Sir, you have to put down the young lady." Principal McTowen said.
"Get out of my way!" Ari yelled, still running. "She's choking. She can't breathe!"
"Oh! Oh, okay. Take her out front. I'll call for an ambulance." Principal McTowne pulled out his walkie-talkie and yelled for someone to call 911.
Ari carried me to the front of the school and set me down on a bench. All this had only been about thirty seconds and I was trying to hold my breath, so I wouldn't start a panic attack. I could hold my breath for two minutes and forty seconds, so I hoped I could get my breath back soon.
"Rain?" Ari asked. I looked up and he knelt in front of me. "I don't want you to die. I would give my life, all of my seventeen and a half years, to have you live." Then he kissed me. His lips were soft and eased mine open. Even though I was losing air in my lungs, I felt better. I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer.
When we pulled apart, him breathing heavy, he stroked my cheek.
"Ari." I whispered and then I fell unconscious.
♠ ♠ ♠
suggestions?? please !