A Picture Is Worth More Than Words

Happiness Captured

A small smile played on her lips as she looked at the tattered picture clutched in her hands. A single tear ran down her face and she remembered the very moment this photo was snapped. She was off the ground in his embrace with a bouquet of flowers clutched in her hands. It was the happiest moment of her life. A picture can tell a thousand words and this one could probably say more. It had been through fights, fits of rage, tears, joy and love.

The fights had been the worse. They had been the cause of many break ups, many mean words and the hearts involved being broken many times. The fights had made her quit so many times. The last one had been about a year ago and was the worst, for she had been caught.

She shook in anticipation as the needle slowly pierced her skin and entered her vein. She pushed the white liquid into her arm. The door burst open and she quickly turned her head to see him in the door way. Drenched in sweat and a look of pure disgust on his face.

“What the hell are you doing?!” He screamed and the needle dropped from her hand and the fear set in. It was irrational fear because she knew that he wouldn’t hurt her, but the heroin made it all seem so real.

“Please don’t hurt me.” She replied and crawled unto the floor and huddled into a tight ball.

“I would never hurt you like you’re hurting me right now.” He replied harshly and even through the heroin she felt the stab to her heart. “I want you out of my house right now.”

“But I have no where else to go.” She replied and the room began to spin and twist. The familiar feeling of euphoria entered her mind.

“Shouldn’t have spent your money on heroin you stupid bitch.” He replied harshly and slammed his bedroom door. She walked out of the house and began her way down into the city.


She had been clean now for 7 months and life got better, but she never forgot how bad she hurt that boy.

“Maria.” A voice brought her back from her thoughts. “It’s time.” Maria nodded her head and wiped her face of the tears that she didn’t realize were falling. She lightly kissed the picture and set it on the counter.

She slowly emerged from the room and looked down the long aisle. At the end stood the boy from the photo, a little older down but still as adorable in his suit with a lop sided grin on his face.

Maria smiled and slowly walked down the aisle, happy to spend the rest of her life with the boy in front of her. And share many more pictures.
♠ ♠ ♠
I figured I would write a happy story for once, all my stories always seem kinda sad.
So yay! lol Thanks for reading!