If I Fall Can You Let Me Down Easy?

Three

When I woke up the next morning, Kendall's arm was wrapped tight around me. He was snoring softly. I turned and studied his sleeping face. His mouth was slightly open and every once in a while he would wrinkle his nose is a cute way. I giggled at the sight, then carefully took his arms off of me. I sat up. Everyone was still sound asleep. I crawled out of the fort and made my way to the kitchen. I decided to make the guys breakfast.

I searched their cabinets and fridge and found everything I needed to make waffles and pancakes. 30 minutes later I had enough breakfast to feed an army. James was the first one awake. He walked into the kitchen sleepily.

"Morning." I said. He smiled.

"Good morning gorgeous." He said. I chuckled and fixed him a plate.

"Here. Eat alot because I made plenty." I said. He took the plate.

"Thanks." He grabbed a fork and dug in. I leaned forward on the counter. Our faces were inches away, but I didn't think nothing of it.

"Aren't I an amazing cook?"

"Incredible."

"Well thanks."

"No problem sweetie." I raised an eyebrow.

"Sweetie? What are you, my grandma?"

"Aw yeah. Grandma James." I giggled. He laughed, and winked at me.

I never really noticed how hot James is till now. Not as hot as Kendall, but damn.

Kendall's Point Of View.

I woke up this morning in a great mood. I got to snuggle with Kelsey all night. I looked around to see she was gone. Then I smelled food. She must've cooked. I smiled and crawled out of the fort. I made my way to the kitchen. But I stopped dead in my tracks. There was Kelsey and James with their faces inches away from each other. And she was giggling.

My heart dropped to my stomach. I slowly walked back to the living room.

I thought me and her had something. I thought she felt it too.
But there she is, close to kissing James. I sighed. I'm an idiot.

Logan and Carlos crawled out of the fort and walked to the kitchen. Probably smelled food. I decided to go to. I wanted to scope James and Kelsey out. I got up and walked in. Carlos and Logan were already digging in the food. Kelsey was eating as well. She noticed me walk in and smiled.

"Hey! Wanna eat?" I was kinda pissed about her and James, so her cheeriness made me even madder.

"No." I snapped. Her smile faded.

"Okay." She said slowly. She turned around and opened the fridge. She bent down to grab something. I watched as James checked her out as she bent. That drew the line. I stomped out the kitchen as fast as I could and went in my room, slamming the door after me.

Kelsey's Point Of View.

Kendall slammed his room door, causing me to jump.

"What's his problem?" I asked, taking a bottle of water out the fridge. Everyone shrugged. I sighed and finished my breakfast. The guys finished moments later and Carlos and Logan left to go change, leaving me and James alone.

"Is it hot outside?" I asked. He gave me a weird look.

"Kelsey, its L.A. It's always hot."

"But like, how hot?"

"Well, lets go check the balcony."

"Hold on. You guys have a balcony and I didn't know?" I asked. He laughed, then grabbed my hand and dragged me out the kitchen to the living room. Yep. Right there was a sliding door that led to the balcony. I'm freakin' blind. He unlocked the door then we went out. It had a good view of L.A. And It was super hot outside.

"I love being here." I said with a wide smile.

"I love you being here too." I glanced at James. Our bodies were now pressed up against each other. Our faces had a inch between them. What the hell was going on?

Before I could comprehend, he crashed his lips into mine.

It was a nice kiss. I admit, he was an amazing kisser. But you know how your supposed to feel sparks fly? I felt maybe one. But it wasn't like a firework. It didn't feel...right. The whole time we kissed I thought of Kendall. After about a minute I pulled away and bit my lip.

I still didn't quite understand what was going on. James was smiling at me, so I forced a small smile.

"I better go get dressed." I said.

"Me too. I have a meeting." We went back in the house and I hurried to my room, locking myself inside of it. I sat on my bed, replaying the events that just happened.

Do I like James? Sorta. Like I said, I felt tiny sparks. But I thought of Kendall the whole time. I don't think your supposed to be thinking of one guy while your kissing another.

Suddenly, a note slid under my door.

Kelsey,
Not exactly sure what just happened...but I don't regret it. I stole your number from Logan's phone, so I'll text you when I have a break. (:
-James.

I sighed and tore the note up. I can't do this. I need to talk to someone.

I changed into white shorts and a random t-shirt, then exited my room to find Logan.

"Logan?" I called as I walked into the living room. Carlos was there, putting shoes on.

"Logan left. Spending the day with some girl he's been talking to."

"Angie?"

"Yeah, her."

"Oh. Well where are you going?"

"Going spend the day with my parents."

"Ah. Well, have fun." I said. He smiled then left. I sighed. I didn't have no one else to talk to....besides Kendall.

After a few minutes of thinking, I made my way to his room. I knocked softly.

"Kendall?"

"What?" He snapped.

"Let me in." He opened the door.

"What do you want?" He looked sad and angry. But also sexy in his purple sweatpants and old baseball t-shirt.

"To talk."

"About?"

"Just let me in your room." He sighed, then opened the door wider so I could step in. Once I was in, he closed the door. I sat on his bed and he joined me a few minutes later.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" His voice icy.

"Why are you being such an asshole?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because you like James." He snapped.

"Who said I liked James?" I snapped back. I can't stand when people assume shit.

"Oh, please. Its obvious."

"I don't like James."

"Then why were you flirting with him this morning?"

"I was just talking to him! He took it as flirting, but I was not trying to flirt!"

"What do you mean he took it as flirting?"

"Well, we were on the balcony and he kissed me..." Kendall's anger grew.

"So you do like him!"

"No! I didn't feel anything in that kiss."

"Yeah, right."

"I'm serious, Kendall! The whole time I was kissing him I was thinking of-" I stopped myself. Kendall looked at me.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"Kelsey. Tell me." I sighed and looked down.

"The whole time me and James were kissing I was thinking of you." I said quietly. Silence. Crickets. Whatever other bugs make noise when its night time and quiet.

I felt Kendall get closer to me. Then I felt him ruffle my hair. I glanced up at him. He was staring at me the way he stared the first day I got here.

"Good." He whispered. We locked eyes, then he slowly leaned in. Soon we were kissing.

Remember how I said James was an amazing kisser? Well, Kendall is by far better. And remember how I didn't feel fireworks with James? I felt a 4Th of July celebration with Kendall. And the whole time we kissed, I thought about how I didn't want this moment to end. We broke away and once again he stared at me. Only this time he was smiling wide. And I was doing the same. Our lips joined again.

I was no longer confused. I knew in my heart kissing Kendall was right.

I was worried about what would happen with James... but right now it didn't really matter.

All that mattered was being with Kendall for the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its summer & im sick. waaaah :(
so, im writing chapters like theres no tomorrow.