Status: Updated 10/2

In Love With a Stripper

One Foot Out The Door

(Jynx’s POV)

I listened to Gerard’s heart beat. It was just starting to get light outside. I’d been thinking long and hard since I woke up this morning. I’d slept until about an hour ago. I couldn’t put my finger on what woke me up. I just got this eerie feeling that came over me. I was exhausted and sore so moving from this bed wasn’t going to happen.

“What are you doing awake so early?”

“I woke up about an hour ago and can’t get back to sleep.” he ran his hand through my hair.

“Are you…do you think…do you regret…” he seemed to be having trouble asking the question that was on both our minds. Did I just make a huge mistake? I’d had a whole hour to think on it but I was positive that it wasn’t a mistake. I was in love with Gerard, even though I’ve never told him and I’m scared as hell he’ll hurt me in the long run. I love him and last night is a night I’ll never regret.

“Last night…was better than I ever could have expected my first time to be. Most people say they regret it in the long run, but…I don’t and will never regret last night.” He smiled and kissed me full on the lips. Neither of us caring about our morning breath.

“How do you feel?” I smiled.

“Sore and tired.” he leaned over and kissed my forehead.

“I’ll be right back,” he said moving to get out of bed.

“No,” I said pulling on his arm. “It’s going to get cold here in this bed.”

“I’m only going to be gone for a little while okay,” I pouted but let him go. I moved into his warm spot on the bed and pulled the covers around me tightly. I listened as water started to run and I could hear the that he was running a bath. I smelled the bubble bath that I’d bought. I smelled like roses and honey. I let my mind wander and it went to Robbi. I should probably call her and tell her about last night. She’s going to be so mad at me. She’s going to think it was a mistake. Then again maybe she won’t she’s one of the main people who says that Gerard and I belong together. That I need to let go and let love. That’s the exact way she put it. It made me think of this show that used to come on TV only I can’t remember the name.

Gerard came back into the room with me and scooped me out of bed. I screeched when the cold air hit my body.

“Gerard,” I whined. Until he lowered me into a hot tub of water. I should have known that was what he was doing, but it never crossed my mind.

“This should help with the soreness.” he said, then he climbed into the water with me. I sat between his legs leaning my back on his chest. “What woke you up?” he asked.

“I honestly don’t know. Just a feeling. Sort of like I was being watched.” I said. “Then I couldn’t get back to sleep.”

“Can I help you use some of that energy?” his hand snaked around my body and under the water. Then gently caressed me. It didn’t take long for me to be screaming his name in ecstasy then I collapsed against him even more tired than I was before. I kissed him and then snuggled into his chest. “Go to sleep, I’ll wake you if the water gets cold.” he didn’t have to tell me twice I lay in the crook of his neck and closed my eyes. I wondered how I was going to dance tonight if this soreness kept up.

It felt like seconds later Gerard was lifting me out of the water. The cold air once again assaulting my skin. He wrapped me in a towel then made his way back to the bed where he immediately covered me with the blanket.

“Hungry?” I knew it would be a little while before I would be able to fall back to sleep. He left the room and came back with two bowls. He sat the tray in front of me and I was able to see that one bowl had Fruity Pebbles and the other had Apple Jacks. “Breakfast is served.” he handed me a spoon.

“This is one sorry breakfast,” I laughed.

“Well I could have tried to cook but it wouldn’t have been edible.” he said taking a spoon full out of the Fruity Pebbles. We sat there eating from both bowls.

“I so don’t feel like working tonight. It’s not going to help me being all sore. I should have waited for a night when I didn’t have to work the next day.”

“Well you don’t have to go in tonight. Just…talk to Ruby and see if you can start working one night a week instead of two.”

“Gerard I have to discuss that with her not just start showing up once instead of twice. She has to fill in the nights I won’t be there. There’s this whole process. She gave us jobs when we needed them and I’m sorry to say this but I can’t just leave her hanging like that.”

“Well how about you talk to her today and tell her you’re sick. Then tomorrow…”

“And what say that Robbi’s sick too? One of the reasons I’m still there is cause I don’t want to leave Robbi there by herself.”

“You do know that Robbi’s a grown woman and that she’s capable of taking care of herself right?” he was starting to bug me now. I knew my reasons for doing things and he may not agree with them but he doesn’t have to belittle them either.

“Look Gerard,” I said. “I’m going to see if Robbi…”

“Why do you always have to check with Robbi. I’m your boyfriend not her. I’m the one you just slept with not her.” I smiled as I realized that he was jealous.

“Gerard back home the only person other than my mother that I could count on was Robbi. Maybe I’ve come to depend on having her around more than I like to admit, but its sort of like she’s my little sister and I want to make sure she’s okay. I can’t do that if she’s far away or if I’m not around…Are you understanding any of this?”

“Sadly I understand all of it, but you know it’s a little weird right? I mean you check with her when you want to take a piss.”

“I do not.” he just looked at me sideways like he knew I had to say that.

“What happens if she and Syn work out. You know he doesn’t live here permanently. He lives all the way in California. What are you going to do when she moves in with him?” he was right. What was I going to do?

“I…I don’t know,”

“Well I guess we can start by you letting her work two nights at the club while you cut back to one.” I took a deep breath. He wasn’t going to let this go was he?

“Okay I’ll talk to Ruby when I go in tonight.” I wasn’t going to win this argument and I was still going to talk to Robbi tonight about it. I hoped she wouldn’t be mad at me. We spent all day in bed. He called out for delivery when we got hungry and at around ten pm I got up and got dressed for work. Gerard drove me to the club. Robbi said she would meet me there. I hurried in and found Ruby.

“How’s one of my favorite girls?” she asked. I’d heard her say that to just about every girl in here so it wasn’t a big deal.

“Well, I was hoping I could talk to you about working here. I…I want to cut back to just one night a week.” I could tell right away that she didn’t want me to, but I also knew she didn’t have a valid reason not to let me only dance once a week. “It will be better more exclusive.” I tried to make it more appealing. “If they can only see me once a week, they’ll show up in droves and spend extra too.”

“They show up already in droves for you twice a week.” she reasoned and she was right. There wasn’t an empty seat on Robbi and my nights to dance. On the occasions we had private dances our normal customers were upset.

“I know, but…I’m just…”

“You don’t have to explain. One of the reasons you’re so popular is cause you and Robbi look like such wholesome girls. You know like the girl next door type of thing.” she took a deep breath. “So one night a week?” I nodded. “Fine.” I tried not to look too happy. I’d finally gotten one foot out the door of this place and I couldn’t wait to get the other one out.