Status: Active

Crazy

Dandelions

"Chloe." Craig wrapped his arms around me and rested his prickly chin on my shoulder, "You've got to talk to them, you've got to get better, my two months here is up in 2 weeks. I leave then."

"Craig Why do you keep saying that I've got to get better, there is nothing wrong with you, nothing is wrong with you."

I looked at the freshly cut grass.

Then at the patch that was missed.

A single dandelion stood.

Craig turned me around to look at him.

"If you want to be with me, you've got to get better, I don't want to wait a year to be with you because you are still in here. I want you now!"

He plucked the dandelion and placed it behind my ear in my hair.

"Please Chloe, for me?"

I sighed.

And listened.

Listened to the bird chirping.

When I found the fat bird that produced the beautiful sound I said, "Ok, I'll try."

I placed the dandelion on Dr. Carls desk next to the smooth rock I had place there ten minutes prior.

"Chloe, that's the dandelion?"

"Yeah that brown rotting thing is the dandelion, the first flower I ever got from Craig. Yet again silly to keep it, it's just a rotting flower now, yet it means a lot to me." I looked at it as if it was an alien.

And then I looked at the expression on Dr. Carls face, she felt sorry for me.

She wanted to help me, help me "get better"

What was wrong with me, why did everyone want me to "get better"?

I am who I am, and my craziness is just part of me...

or is it?

Maybe something is wrong with me, maybe I'm being held back by the "illness."