Status: Active

Crazy

"Why are you here?"

Craig stared at me blankly in his black tennies.

His gaze was not nerving or awkward to me, it was--well, indifferent for the lack of better words.

"I don't expect you to love me back and frankly I wouldn't be ready for it. I just want you to know me."

A smile crossed Craig's troubled stubley face; turning it from a still handsome but blank face, to one lit up, warm, and inviting.

"I think I can do that." He put his left hand up to his face and massaged his prickelly jaw.

I stopped talking and looked at Dr. Carls.

"You know what Doc?"

She nodded showing it was alright to ask.

"I really truly was ok. It was alright for him to not love me. It made him feel more real and a lot less like my ex-boyfriends." I stared off into space.

"And how's that?"

" They already would've fallen for me and told me about, ahh 7 times that they loved me. You know, a plot to get into my pants." I chuckled as the thought of Craig on top of me crossed my mind.

"You don't think Craig has hidden motives?"

"Doc, you've talked to him yourself. And you two DO talk about me during your visits. You know the answer."

"You are very smart Chloe, I have to give you that. So the question comes up; why are you here?" Dr. Carls crossed her right leg over her left.

"That answer Doc, is an answer in an answer that is just waiting to be asked."