You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

o n e

The wind sent chills down my spine as I walked to my car. I rubbed my bare arms to warm myself up as Vic stood in front of me.

"Well it was good seeing you," Vic said and hugged me.

"You too," I smiled. "I love our hangouts when you're in town."

"Hey, my buddy Tony is having a party this weekend. You should come down for it. You can finally meet my brother," he winked.

"Ew, Vic. What is it with you trying to hook us up?" I slugged his shoulder.

"I'm not necessarily trying to hook y'all up. I just think you guys would genuinely like each other's company."

I shrugged and unlocked my car, getting inside. "Text me the info when you get back to San Diego and I'll come down after work and stay the weekend maybe," I said.

"Sounds good, homie," Vic said and leaned into the car to hug me goodbye.

As I drove down the bright streets of Los Angeles, I thought about what Vic had been asking me for months. Me and Vic had become very good friends since we met a few months ago at a mutual friend's party in Orange County. In the last few months, all Vic ever brought up was how much Mike and I needed to meet. I always laughed it off and ignored it, but part of me wondered what all this talk was about. I had seen photos and thought he was good looking, I couldn't deny that. Maybe meeting a new friend wouldn't be so bad.

•••


It was finally the weekend and I couldn't wait to get out of LA for a few days. I grabbed my weekend bag and began my two and a half hour drive to Vic's house. When I pulled up I saw Vic and his friend with tall spiky hair kicking a soccer ball around in the front yard.

"Aubree!" Vic yelled and opened my car door.

"Veektor," I said in an accent and hugged him. "Who's your friend?"

"Hi, I'm Jaime," the spiky haired guy said, extending his hand.

I shook it, "Nice to meet you."

Vic grabbed my bag from the trunk and took me inside his house. It was decent sized and definitely a bachelor pad. He put my bag in the guest room, across from a closed door.

"That is Mike's room, but he's not home yet so don't worry," Vic told me.

"Mmkay. Well, I'm gonna rinse off if that's alright and get ready for the party."

"Of course you can. Lemme go grab you some towels." He came back with some towels and told me to just use Mike's bathroom, that happened to be attached to his room. I felt awkward about using it, but shrugged it off.

I tied my hair up and stepped into the shower. I quickly rinsed off and wrapped a towel around my body before walking out. Just as I stepped into his bedroom, he opened the door and jumped back.

"What the fuck!?" He said under a yell. "Who are you?"

"I'm Aubree," I laughed, pulling the towel closer to me. "Sorry, Vic told me to use your bathroom."

"It's okay. It's just not everyday a hot chick is in my bedroom," he smirked and stepped out of the doorway to let me walk by.

I blushed as I walked by, feeling his eyes scan me as I walked by. I smiled at him and closed the guest room door and dried off. I touched up my makeup & hair before getting dressed. I slipped on black skinny jeans, a gray deep vneck that showed off my fake chest, and black pumps.

I walked out to the living room where I could hear them talking. The three guys stopped when they saw me, their mouths gaping.

"What?" I bit my lip.

"Vic, why haven't you shown her to us before?" Jaime asked.

I felt myself turning red again. Mike looked me up and down before looking away and smiling to himself. The four of us got in Vic's car a little bit afterwards and headed to their friend's party. I sat in the back next to Mike who was busy on his phone while everyone else talked in the car.

Once we got to the party, Vic and Jaime quickly wandered off, purposely leaving me alone with Mike. I felt awkward and scratched the back of my neck, "Why is he doing this to me?" I let out a small laugh.

"Because my brother is a fucker," he chuckled. "Let's go grab a drink?" I nodded as he put his arm around me.

We walked through the party, many stopping Mike to talk to him. Everyone seemed to love him and wanted to know who his friend was. I still felt awkward with his arm around me, being introduced by him when he didn't even know who I was. We finally got some drinks and headed outside where more people were.

"Do you smoke?" He asked and took a drink from his red solo cup.

"I basically stay high," I smiled.

He nodded and took another drink, "I like you already. Here hold my drink." I took it from him as he pulled a blunt and a lighter from his flannel pocket. He blew out a thick cloud and handed it to me, taking his cup back.

We quickly became aquatinted through alcohol & weed; two of our favorite things. Vic found us sitting on the couch in the living room late in the night. My legs rested on Mike's lap as we talked together. We were in our own little world while the remaining people at the party talked amongst themselves.

"Hey, you guys ready to head out?" Vic asked, yawning.

We nodded and got off the couch. The three of us got in Vic's car and drove home. Vic abandoned us for the second time of the night to go to bed. Mike popped a pizza in the oven for us while I went to get ready for bed. I walked back into the kitchen as he sloppily cut the pizza and put it on plates for us. We ate and talked more bullshit before heading to bed in our separate rooms. Before I knew it, the alcohol and THC pulled me into a deep sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I missed this story and decided to rewrite it. It's already very different from the original. comments please<3