You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

f i f t e e n

My mind finally gave up on sleep around 6am. I found a piece of paper in Stephanie's room and wrote a note saying I went to Mike's house and not to worry. I snuck out of her apartment without stirring her on the couch and got to my car. It was still dark out and my windows were fogged with spring dew.

The key into the Fuentes house was back in the same spot where I found it before. I let myself in, locking the door behind me, triple checking it. The smell of their house made me feel automatically safe as I walked around checking to make sure the back door and all the windows were also locked. I stripped out of Stephanie's clothes and got into Mike's shower.

Wearing his sweats, hoodie, and socks made me feel warm inside as much as they did on the outside. I found his stash and smoked myself stupid. I buried my face into his pillow and began crying. I couldn't wait to see him in a few hours, getting to feel him erase that bastard's touch.

•••


Mike's POV

My friends sat in silence as I destroyed the back room of the bar. My knuckles were bleeding as I punched the walls repeatedly, crying to myself. Someone I had known since I was 15, someone I considered a brother, betrayed me to the fullest extent. I would never in a million years imagine one of my friends doing this type of shit especially to me.

The guys knew I couldn't stay on the tour. Casey was the only person on such short notice to fill in. My parents loaned me the money to get a flight home. I felt guilty for not having the spare money but at least I was able to get home. I knew that once my true friends found out what that son of a bitch did they'd be backing me up as I rip the face off of him.

The flight and cab ride were a blur to me. I only knew to go straight to the house was because She texted me saying she went there. I unlocked the door and saw her purse sitting on the coffee table. I kicked my shoes off and walked to my bedroom.

Aubree in a ball under the comforter, gripping onto my pillow. My blue & green pipe was on the bedside table with the baggie of two grams of purp gone. I sat down next to her and pushed the stray hair back. I rubbed her head with my thumb. She looked beyond wiped out. Her face managed to be pale despite the mystic tan that covered her skin, bags already deep under her eyes. A dark bruise was on her right cheek.

Aubree's POV

My head felt groggy when I woke up. I felt a pair of arms snaked around me. Before I could realize who it was my mind made me start screaming and ripping away from the arms. Mike sat up with me trying to calm me down.

"Aubree, shh, shhh," he tried wrapping his arms around me.

"Don't touch me!" I screamed.

"It's me baby. It's Mikey," he said calmly.

My eyes adjusted and I took a deep breath before I finally saw that it was actually Mike. I started crying and fell into his body. He held me tightly, rubbing my back as I sobbed into his chest. Feeling him kiss my head and rub my back was calming me down. Mike cried with me, mixing his tears with mine. I told him every single detail of what happened the previous night.

"I'm so sorry mamas. I'm so sorry," he cried. "I never thought one of my friends would do that. I'm going to kill him."

I couldn't get any words out again. I just let him hold me close and let me temporarily not feel like dying. I fell back asleep for a little while. Mike was outside chain smoking when I woke up. He was on the phone with someone about finding Anthony later tonight. I sat next to him as he continued talking. Mike finally hung up and lit up another cigarette.

"The motherfucker is going to wish he never fucking met me after tonight."

"Please don't do anything," I whispered.

"Why? I'm not letting him getting away with it," he said.

"Because I want him in jail, not you. What good will it do if you hit him first? He can get you on self defense."

Mike took a couple drags, "I can get him to swing first so that way it'd be in my favor. Pretty much the homies know what happened, it's being set up. Dave and Chris are gonna see if he wants to go to a bar and then I'm gonna show off which will catch him off guard considering I'm supposed to be on tour," he explained.

"I texted my boss what happened and that I don't know when I'll be back to work. I'm going to have to tell my parents obviously considering that hospital bill is going to show up on the insurance. Plus my dad has good lawyer friends," I said quietly.

"I thought they couldn't find any finger prints on you. How are you gonna take him to court with no proof?" Mike asked.

I looked at him and felt my heart cave in, "Because the pig came in me. I got thoroughly checked by nurses, there's enough proof on those swabs."

The color drained from his face and he stood up to walk a couple feet away from me. I watched him throw up by a bush. It sounds weird but I'm happy seeing him so tore up and on my level. It's making me realize how much this guy truly does love me. He feels everything I do, and vice versa. I had never seen him cry until this afternoon when I was. I had never seen him look weak until he saw me weak today. I loved him even more seeing him love me even more than I ever could.

•••


Mike's POV

Aubree stayed at the house while I went with Dave and Mark. Both of them stood in the middle of the parking lot talking to Anthony for a few minutes before I decided to get out of the car. Anthony stopped talking when he saw me approach the trio. The look on his face was priceless because he knew there was no way to get out the lie.

"Hey dude," he smiled. "I thought you were on tour."

I laughed, "You have a lot of fucking nerve to try and be okay talking to me right now."

He licked his lips and chuckled, "Look, I'm sorry for what I did. I couldn't help it, she looked too fucking good. And that pussy felt great taking my fucking loads."

My fist flew against his jaw before he had the chance to say anything else. I knew I should had waited to him to start it but my anger said otherwise. The fact he was laughing about raping her drove me that much more wild.

We fell to the parking lot as I got in some swings before he managed to get in some hits. I had forgotten he had more muscle and weight than me, making it a huge advantage to him. Some people from the bar were forming a crowd around us. I could feel my face already swelling as blood dripped from both of our mouthes and noses. I managed to knee him in the perfect spot causing him to roll to his side. I stumbled onto my feet and began kicking him in the ribs. Every ounce of anger I had in my body was being forced into his ribs. I finally let up once I saw him coughing up blood.

"I give up, man," he said, hacking up more.

"You're a piece of shit. You deserve the worst fucking shit, you motherfucker!" I yelled at him. Dave kept his hand on my shoulder to try and calm me so I wouldn't jump at him again. "I considered you a fucking brother, we all did. You are dead to everyone."

He stared at me and spit more blood, nodding. I knew he wouldn't press charges because how stupid would it look to explain why he was getting his ass beat. The three of us walked back to the car so I could go back home to Aubree. Even though my face was in pain, I felt better because I got most of my anger out on the situation. Now it was back to focusing on helping my love cope with everything.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for the comments on the last post!