You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

s i x t e e n

I didn't bother asking any questions when Mike came home because I knew he beat his ass. My boss sent her sympathies to me and told me she'd work on rescheduling my clients until I was okay to come to work. All I could think about was how I was going to tell the people around me what happened. Telling my parents was already hard enough but it had to be done to get started on locking this pervert up.

Mike rubbed my back as I clutched onto a pillow and kept my eyes glued to the television. I wasn't even sure what I was watching at this point. My mind kept replaying what he did to me. I felt disgusted and lost. I knew it wasn't my fault, so it wasn't guilt. The feelings were indescribable.

"Do you need anything?" He asked.

"No, I'm fine just like this."

Things began to progress over the next few days with everything going on. Mike drove me up to Orange County to meet with my parents and their friend. He had an amazing reputation in the legal system and was more than happy to help me get Anthony behind bars. I had to tell him every detail of what happened that night, something I managed to do without crying. I just felt numb inside as I told him with my parents and Mike listening to me. It broke my parent's hearts to know what was done to their daughter.

I gave Mr. Santino the name and number to the officer that I spoke to at the hospital. He was going to contact her for evidence and whatever else she had. I left it all to him to figure out until he needed more information from me.

"Lets say we go grab lunch," my dad said after we walked out of the office building. "I think it'd be good to get to know Mike a little better."

"That sounds good," Mike smiled and squeezed my hand.

We followed my parents in their car to wherever they decided. I knew Mike was nervous to actually talk to my parents especially knowing he was the person that was friends with the monster.

I kissed his cheek once we parked, "You're fine baby. My parents are cool as shit so you have nothing to worry about."

"I know. I just wish this wasn't the way I met them for the first time," he shrugged.

We got seated on the patio and glanced over the menus. We made small talk while we looked over the menu trying to decide what to have. Mike kept playing footsies with me under the table.

"So how did you two meet again?" My mom asked Mike after the waiter took our order.

"I've been friends with his brother for almost a year now and he was on my ass to meet him. So I went down to San Diego for a party and we've been practically together ever since," I said.

"She's my favorite human," Mike said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"Well thanks for taking good care of her, especially right now," my dad said. "She always seems happy when she calls or visits since you two started talking. I can tell you're a good guy so lets keep it that way."

Mike nodded, "Trust me sir, I don't plan on hurting her. She's too pretty and sweet to lose."

My parents, Mike, and I talked for a while. A lot of laughs and stories were shared. I loved that my mom and dad already adored Mike as much as I did. They made sure to share stories from when I was younger, making me turn shades of red. Mike loved their stories and was fascinated with everything because our upbringings were a little different.

"Oh God, remember when she would sneak out to go to those punk shows?" My mom laughed. "We tried to ground her but it didn't work."

"I was the same way," Mike said. "But then I started joining those punk bands and my parents couldn't control it at that point."

"So we probably went to shows together when I was like 15 and you were like 19 or something," I smiled at him.

He nodded, "I probably pulled you from a pit or got a glare from you back in the day."

For the first time in a week I was feeling social and it felt good. Maybe it was actually feeling the sun on my skin opposed to me hiding in Mike's bedroom that made me feel good, whatever it was I liked it. I knew Mike would be going back to the tour in a couple days and it bummed me out. I had to get back home though and gain enough strength to go to work soon.

Everyone back home knew what happened down here and why I wasn't there. I had all the support in the world from my friends, clients, and coworkers. It felt nice to know people cared about me and were doing all that they could to help me out in anyway.

•••


Mike joined me in LA for a night before he flew out from LAX. I felt fine with him leaving because he would be back soon, so it wasn't that bad. It just sucked that he was my security blanket and I wouldn't have anyone to hide from the world under until his return.

"You sure you'll be okay?" He asked.

"Yes," I assured him. "I have a million friends here, everyone is willing to help me out if I need it. I'll be okay Mikey."

"I'm just worried," he shrugged.

"I know. You'll be gone like two more weeks and then you'll be back. I'm gonna miss the fuck out of you but this is your job, theres hundreds of kids expecting to see you. I already feel bad that you're not out there."

He kissed me and rested his head on mine. I was confident that'd be alright without him until he was home from tour. I was just ready to move on from that night and not have it on my mind every minute of the day. Lucky for me I had a constant supply of cannabis and seeing a therapist soon.

I took Mike to the airport the next morning. He clung to me as he hugged me, sinking his lips into mine. It took everything in me not to cry when we pulled away and he walked through the glass doors. I got onto the freeway and made my way back home so I could go back to bed.

My bed held me hostage for the rest of the day until Lauren convinced me to go have dinner with her. It felt good to shower and do my makeup. My cheek was still numb where the bruise was still fading when I covered it with makeup; seeing that bruise was a constant reminder of what he did. I loved that it was fading because that meant everything from this would eventually go away.
♠ ♠ ♠
sometimes i just get too high everyday and forget to update.