You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

t h r e e

My life back to normal once I was back in Los Angeles. I texted or called Mike every chance I got, making my days that much better. I couldn't wait until the next time I got to go see him. Thursday night after work, I went over to my best friend Lauren's apartment for our weekly hangout. We sat on the couch eating Chinese food and watching a sitcom.

"So how was your weekend?" Lauren asked, not taking her eyes off the screen.

"The best I've had in a long time," I smiled and took a bite of my rice.

"How was meeting Mike anyways?"

"He's so amazing, Lauren," I gushed.

I went on to tell her every detail from this weekend. She looked at me with an unsure look as I spoke. I felt butterflies fill my stomach for the first time in so long as I talked about Mike.

Lauren smiled and let out a sigh, "When are you seeing him next?"

"Probably this weekend again," I said.

"Well, I wanna meet him. I want to make sure he's actually a good guy."

"What do you mean, 'make sure he's a good guy'?" I quoted with my fingers.

"Aubree, look at his lifestyle! Girls throw themselves at guys like Mike. I've heard things about him," She hummed.

"Okay, what things?" I was starting to become annoyed.

"Just different shit. He cheats on girls left and right, multiple girlfriends, shit like that. I just don't want you falling into his trap is all," Lauren said.

I rolled my eyes, "I seriously can't believe you're trying to upset. Who the fuck are you to judge him on things you've heard. That's seriously bullshit, you don't even know him!" I said under a yell.

"Calm the fuck down. I'm just looking out for you!" She spat back.

I got off the couch and grabbed my purse.

"Really you're fucking leaving?" She asked.

"Um, yeah. Text me when you don't want to be a rude bitch," I said and walked out the door.

•••


I stood in the back room at work talking about our weekend plans with my friends/co-workers. I checked my phone and saw a text from Mike.

I can't wait to see you tonight.

Just as I went to respond I got interrupted by Casey, the salon's receptionist.

"Hey Aubree, your appointment is here," She smiled.

I walked out to the front desk and saw Mike standing there with a stupid grin.

"What are you doing here?" I smiled and hugged him.

"I'm your 4 o'clock," He smiled.

"You are such a fucker," I smacked his arm and walked him over to my station.

We talked about what he wanted me to do before I took him over to the wash area. He smiled and stared at my chest as I leaned over him to wash his hair. I couldn't help but turn red.

"So you came all the way up here to surprise me?" I asked as I began trimming his dark hair.

"Yup," he smiled at me in the mirror. "Plus, it'll be a fun drive down there together."

I finished his hair and I cleaned up my station. I said goodbye to everyone and grabbed my things before going back to my apartment with Mike. As soon as we were in my car he started kissing me.

"I've been thinking about kissing you all week," he said, kissing me again.

"Mmm, I'm glad I'm not the only one," I kissed him back.

"So much for taking it slow."

"This is slow," I smirked.

•••


The lights were off in the house when we got to San Diego. Vic was at his friend's working on music, yet again leaving Mike and I alone. I put my bag in Mike's room and sat on his bed.

"So what are we doing tonight?" I asked.

Mike stood in front of me, "We can go grab dinner and have a movie night. We can pretend it's a date."

I ran my hands on his warm stomach under his shirt. He bit his plump bottom lip and ran his hands down my upper arms. "Too bad I don't fuck on the first date," I smiled.

"I didn't think ya did," He smirked back and leaned down to kiss me.

"I don't know any new friends that kiss this much," I rubbed my lips together when he pulled away.

We took a couple bong rips and ordered ourselves dinner. I kissed on his jawline and neck as we waited for our food and he looked through Netflix for a movie to watch. I couldn't get enough of him; the way his skin and lips felt against mine, how much we had in common, and just cliched.

"I have a question," I said quietly as we ate.

"Hmm?"

"So, I heard about...I don't know, your reputation?" I tried to think of what to say without seeming like a bitch.

"What about it?" He took a drink of his water, staring at me.

"I heard about how you've been known to cheat, have multiple girls at a time, shit like that," I looked down.

He was quiet for a couple minutes and stared at the wall trying to think of what to say.

"I guess it's true," He shrugged. "I've fucked a lot of girls over, just as they've fucked me over. I've been trying to better myself and not be such a bad guy in a relationship, honestly." I nodded and felt myself growing sad. "I completely agree with you though on really taking this slow. I can see you're an awesome girl, and I don't want to hurt you. I really don't."

"This is completely new to me, Mike. I've never been with someone like you, in a band. I've been with guys that were all wrong for me and treated me like shit, and I want this to be different."

"And it will be. Just have faith in me and we'll make this work. I may not be home a lot, but you can visit me on the road and spend all the time together when I am home," he smiled.

I laced our fingers together and smiled, pulling my shoulders up. "You're not just saying that cause you know Vic will kill you if you hurt me, right?" I asked.

"No, this is me speaking from the heart," He chuckled.

I couldn't help believe him and fall in love with those big brown eyes even more.
♠ ♠ ♠
don't know how I felt about this chapter. am I moving this along too fast?