You Hold Me Down with Your Eyes

f i v e

Lauren smiled as I did her hair, telling her all about my intimate weekend. She squealed when she looked at our pics from our date.

"Bree, these are so cute," She said while scrolling through my phone.

"We look good together, huh?" I winked and continued to touch up her roots.

"I really need to meet him soon," She hummed.

"I know," I pursed my lips.

I finished her hair and styled it the way she likes it. We agreed on dinner later tonight at Cheesecake Factory. I finished work a couple hours later and called Mike while I sat in 5 o'clock traffic.

"Hey you," Mike answered.

"Hiiii," I smiled to myself. "I miss you."

"I miss you too, ma. What are you doing?" He asked.

"Sitting in traffic on my way to dinner. Lauren wants to meet you more than ever."

"Well, why don't you two come down here for Halloween. I can meet her before I leave for tour."

"You're going on tour?" I knew he could hear the sudden sadness.

Mike sighed, "Yeah. I'm sorry, I was gonna tell you. It'll only be for about a month."

"I guess it won't make a difference really. We don't see each other much anyways," I said quietly.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes until he broke the silence.

"So yeah... Halloween sound good? Tony is having another party. It'll be fun," He said.

"For sure. We should do a similar costume without being that cliche couple," I said. "But hey, I'm almost to the restaurant. I'll call you when I get home later."

"Alright, have fun."

We hung up and I got to dinner a few minutes later. Lauren was sitting inside with a buzzer waiting for our table.

"Hey bitch," She smiled and scooted over to let me sit next to her. "What's wrong? You look sad."

I shrugged, "Mike's going on tour right after Halloween."

"Okay?"

"I don't know. I just totally forgot he's in a band...a touring band at that. We already don't see each other much, but now that I'm gonna lose our weekends for a couple weeks just bums me out," I looked at my lap.

Lauren wrapped her around around my shoulders, giving me a squeeze, "Aw, you really do like this kid. It'll be fine though."

"I know. I guess I should get used to it," I smiled and looked at her.

We got seated and gossiped over dinner. We plans to go out this weekend with some of our other close friends -- Gina and Amber. We had all been friends since high school. All of us knew each other's secrets and dirty details, nothing was hidden between us four. I went on to tell her about Mike's invite.

"Ohh, I'm always down to meet some tattooed hotties," She winked.

"Oh, I know you are," I chuckled and opened my eyes a little.

"We should go look for costumes on like Sunday. I'll just sleep over at your place or vice versa after we go out on Saturday," Lauren suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good."

•••


Our night out was getting crazier as the night went on and the more alcohol the four of us consumed. I woke up in only my thong, my makeup smeared on my pillow. I groaned and wiped my face. Lauren slept next to me, snoring with her mouth wide open.

I rubbed my head and got out of bed to find my phone. It was 10:45am and I had many new texts from Mike. I apparently sent him many drunk texts and called him a few times. I sat down on my couch and called him.

"Good morning, hangover," Mike said when he answered.

"Fuck you," I yawned. "Sorry for all of those."

"Mmm, I wish. I thought you were hilarious and cute last night, so don't worry."

I curled up on the couch and pulled the light blanket over me. "We're going costume shopping later. What are you going as?" I asked.

"A zombie. My friend is going to school for special effects, so he's dope," He said excitedly.

"I'm gonna have fun trying to find something to look good with that," I smirked to myself.

"Whatever you go as, I know you'll look good."

"Stop kissing ass, Fuentes," I laughed a little.

I fell asleep on the couch before hanging up. I felt miserable and didn't even feel this bad after my 21st birthday. Lauren woke me up an hour later by nudging my shoulder. We both got cleaned up from the night before and stopped for lunch before going shopping. After hours of shopping I finally found a sexy zombie costume. It was perfect to go with his. I knew for sure that Mike would drop dead after seeing me in this next Friday.
♠ ♠ ♠
by the way this story starts in 2008. forgot to mention that in earlier chapters.