Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

Gone Too Soon

Isobelle
“Goodbye Isobelle, I’ll see you soon I promise”

I felt someone’s warm lips press against my forehead before the bunk curtains was closed shut.


&&

The next morning I woke up stirring as the sound of people shuffling around outside the bunks woke me, suddenly I was aware that the lanky arms that were tightly wrapped around me last night, were missing. Rubbing my eyes for clarity I tossed over onto my other side and there was my proof. Jack Barakat was gone.

Pushing my head back down onto the pillow I began to stare at the grey ceiling that belonged to the bunks. Why had he left so unexpectedly? Did last night not mean anything to him…what happened on the roof?

Running my fingers through my dishelved bangs I pulled the cover closer to my chest, now I didn’t have Jack beside me I immediately felt unprotected. Stupid I know…I know the other members were just as friendly as Jack, but by him not being here I felt foreign to the others.

I mean he just up and left without saying goodbye. Did I not make as much of an impression as he had on me? Because believe it or not he unexpectedly gave me one of the best nights of my life last night, I didn’t have to impress him for my parent’s sake. I didn’t have to act around him; Jack liked me for who I was.

But that didn’t matter because I would probably never ever see him again, sighing to myself I rolled out of the spare bunk and lazily face planted the floor. I felt someone walk behind me face down on the floor, the muscular yet skinny arms hooking underneath mine pulling me back to my feet.

“Woah don’t hurt yourself too much Belle...Hey that's my top!”

They joked and as I turned around I was faced with the sparkling blue eyes of Gus, his eyes looked tired and worn...somebody obviously didn’t sleep much last night.

“You okay Gus? You look like you have a lot on your mind”

I questioned and he responded by laughing half heartedly, however as he noted the seriousness in my tone he knew I wasn’t joking. I wanted a serious answer.

“Urm I’m fine honestly”

Lie.

He was fidgeting with the collar of his vest top, his eyes averting downwards to his bare feet. He couldn’t lie to me for shit, I knew when most people were lying I’d learnt most of this from Jemma.

“But how did you know something was….”

“Your eyes”

I replied my voice monotone as I didn’t even give him the chance to finish his sentence. Gus smirked at my wit before glancing over my shoulder towards the front lounge, following his gaze I saw Jemma and a flustered Alex embracing quickly.

“Oh I see now”

I muttered under my breath before turning back to look at Gus, his jaw clenched in a tight line. He caught on to me working it out, grasping my upper arms gently, his worn out eyes boring into mine.

“Please don’t tell her”

He whispered his eyes deep with mystery searching mine desperately, the fatigue evident even more on his facial features. His tone drowned in pleading and anxiety, I replied the only way that would make him happy.

“I promise I won’t tell her”

He smiled meekly before turning his back towards me slowly and shuffling his bare feet back to the back lounge. Turning myself back around to see Alex and Jemma part, I leant against the doorframe just out of sight. Alex held her arms length apart, his lack of time obviously catching up on him.

“You know you can text me if you need me okay?”

Jemma nodded solemnly before Alex pulled her in for one last quick hug, a distance calling of his name echoed through the parking lot outside and into the tour bus.

“Fuck. ALRIGHT MATT KEEP YOUR PANTS IN A FUCKING TWIST I’M COMING NOW!”

He sighed loudly taking one last glance at Jemma before running off down the tour bus steps and out into the parking lot. Just like that Alex was gone too soon, much like Jack. Jemma sunk down onto the sofa; I left a 5 minute gap before I walked into the room and accompanied her on the sofa.

“How’s the head?”

Jemma asked opening up our first conversation of the day.

“Alright I guess”

I mumbled sleepily scratching the patch of hair on the left side of my head for emphasis. Jemma laughed at my response before fidgeting with her hands in her lap, lifting her legs up and tucking them underneath her.

"What about you and Alex, you looked close last night"

I asked curiously, Gus said nothing about not being able to snoop.

"WHAT! oh god no Belle. He is more like a brother. Just EW"

She said in response, her nose wrinkling at the thought of her and Alex being anything more.

"Sorry"

“It's okay...well you better gather your phone and stuff; Simon said they’re going to drop us off next”

“Oh okay”

I added somewhat saddened, this really was just a one night invitation. You know them dreams you have, they are there momentarily and the next moment there gone, vanished. You have the memory but nothing compares to having them memories every day, to having proof it was actually real. Nobody except me and Jack will ever know of the conversation we had.

Returning back to the bunk area I pulled back the curtain as I straightened out the bed linen. I grasped my bag which was situated at the bottom corner of the bunk and quickly checked through it to make sure I had everything, shifting through I noticed one thing missing…my phone.

“JEMMA CALL MY PHONE”

I shouted through to the front lounge I heard her get up and shuffle around before the sound of Fall Out Boy cut the silence surrounding me. Arching my eyebrows I tried to follow the sound that was close by, lifting up the cover I moved to the pillows. Laying underneath one of the pillows sat my vibrating phone illuminating Jemma’s picture.

“GOT IT THANKS”

I yelled before ending the call saving Jemma credit, the menu screen filled my vision alerting me to 3 missed calls and 4 text messages. Opening the calls I sighed as I noted they were all off Oli, I love him but by god he worries too much. Shrugging it off I moved onto the text messages.

Oli; Hope you and Jemma are okay. Text me back love you x

Oli; Isobelle what the fuck is going on?! Text me back asap x


I knew from them first two texts I was in deep shit, he probably was jumping to the conclusion I was having sex with one of them or something. Just because I hadn’t gone to that level with him didn’t mean I would with someone else.

Oli; You know what Isobelle fuck you, unless you’re already fucking some band dude. Text me back if you actually can be bothered.

Told you so

Opening the last text my eyebrows knitted together in sheer confusion as an unknown number flashed before my emerald orbs.

Unknown; You still owe me

I texted back quickly, my fingers flying over the keys.

Owe you what?

Unknown; More questions silly, this isn’t over

The clogs in my tiny head clicked together as I pieced the puzzles together. Jack. I smiled wide subconsciously before I typed a reply and saved his number.

How did you get my number? & you bet this isn’t over!

Jack; You had a call or something and it went off and woke me up this morning. Rian and Zack told me we had to go then so I keyed my number in your phone x

You didn’t say goodbye :( I would have remembered :/ x

Jack; Well I did Misses but then again you were pretty much out of it ;) x

Oh…maybe it wasn’t a dream I had last night then.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update because you guys have been awesome with this story :D
Which makes me happehhh, which means more updates:3

So Isobelle this time, I hope you all like this jack & isobelle section. I'm trying to include updates from as many characters as i can (:

Comments? Don't be a silent reader

Title credit; Simple Plan - Gone too soon

Btw any Summer Set fans? Heard the new album, What do you think :)