Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

A Party Song

Jemma

We pulled up to the hotel pretty quickly, the journey back seemingly a lot quicker than before in my drunken state. I just hoped and prayed that Gus was gone, after what happened with Tracy I guessed he’d stay in the van or hotel out of sight, or if luck really was on my side he’d be at the airport getting their flight back to England.

Isobelle was still asleep when we got to the hotel so Jack bid us all goodnight before taking Isobelle carefully in his arms and making his way up to their room. I however was still pretty heavily intoxicated, my eyes focusing in on Zack, Rian, Alex and the hotel in various spurts. Rian excused himself also in order to help a now conscious Zack up to his room, leaving Alex to deal with me.

“Come on let’s get to you bed huh?”

Alex said before placing his arm around my waist his other hand holding mine, steadying myself I leant on Alex for support as I let his words sunk in.

“Nope”

I replied popping the “p”, we were now entering the hotel lobby and Alex gazed down at me. His bushy brows furrowing in confusion, I pointed sloppily over towards the bar.

“To the bar, I’m not finished yet”

Alex stared at me cautiously for a minute, he too slightly tipsy but not as much as I was. I was drinking from a broken heart, Alex? Alex was just drinking because he felt sorry for me. After a few minutes he simply shrugged his broad shoulders nonchalantly and helped me sit down on one of the high bar stools, himself taking the unoccupied stool next to me.

“You know I shouldn’t be allowing you drink anymore –“

“Who gives a fuck I have a reason! You won’t get in trouble I want to do drink, it’s my fault”

Alex waved down the bartender and ordered two rum and cokes; he slipped mine over to me before taking his own in his hands. Taking the first sip I felt the burn of the rum travel down my throat, my nose scrunching up at the strength – Alex noticed this and laughed quietly before lifting his glass up in some sort of toast, lifting the glass to his lips and taking one long gulp.

Image


“Have you ever been in love Alex?”

His head snapped up to meet mine instantly, his brown hair flicking to one side and his drowsy brown eyes trying desperately to focus on mine. He held the gaze for a few seconds before looking down into the bottom of his glass, swirling the remains of his 8th rum and coke in his hand, his expression changing to one of almost pain – it intrigued me, there was obviously some story.

“Yeah I guess, I was with my girlfriend Lisa on and off for about 4 years, met in high school…”

“What happened? If you don’t mind me asking”

“I guess she couldn’t deal with my touring and stuff, she moved on – to someone else”

“Ouch”

I responded I knew what he was going through…although I guess I got out of it somewhat early, unscathed. However Alex clearly held a lot of memories, you could just see it in his eyes as he reminisced over them – good or bad.

“Did you ever find love with someone else?”

Yup I tended to ask a lot of questions when drunk; I also tended to be very chatty and sociable too, everything I’m not when sober.

“Yeah I did/have.”

“What happened?”

“Nothing Jem – I never told her”

“Alex, do you really love her?”

He avoided my matching brown eyes, his attention drawn to the last drops of Rum as he bought them to his lips and making them disappear rapidly. He slammed his glass down on the counter, his hand drawing circles with it, before he stopped it dead – still avoiding my eyes.

“More than anything, way more than Lisa, even more than I think I would love any other girl I meet. It just not possible for us to be together it’s obvious she belongs to someone else and I’ll never be what I want to be to her. It just hurts you know Jem; I know I could give her anything; I want to give her everything Jem. I want to just hold her forever, that would be enough for me y’know?”

“Awh Alex! You should tell her, tell her what you just told me she’d fall head over heels for you and dump her guy’s ass, trust me. Who couldn’t love you eh?”

Alex muttered something inaudible under his breath before letting out a heavy sigh, he glanced over at my now empty glass and slipped, well more like stumbled off his stool.

“Come on I’m calling it a night”

He was acting weird and awkward I knew that much in my by now, wasted state. I wasn’t stupid he was keeping something from me, he was meant to be my best friend! What was up with him?

Image


We made our way back up to the rooms, I and Alex were sharing a room seeing as Jack and Isobelle paired up and Zack took Rian. Alex was bugging me though, his expression and eyes continued to hold that of pain, misery and heartache – everything I was experiencing, it was making me feel extremely upset for the boy.

Just as we got to our door and Alex fumbled to swipe the keycard, my mobile vibrated in my pocket. Squinting at the ID to focus in, I saw one name I didn’t want to – Gus (:

Well fuck you.

“Argh dick!”

I literally screamed as I chucked my phone against the door in a fit of rage, Alex jumping back from the door as my outburst obviously startled him. He looked down at my phone still ringing before picking it up and pressing decline, then handing it back to me as he eventually got the keycard swiped.

“Thank you”

“No problem”

Image


Alex changed into some sweats well, jogging bottoms and a vest top before going to sort out the rest of his clothes in his suitcase in the corner. Following suit I quickly changed into my Hustler booty shorts courtesy of Vinny of course and a grey vest top, walking over to the dresser to but my jewelry down and tie my hair into a messy bun.

Glancing over at Alex through the mirror I found it hard to believe that any girl wouldn’t want him, I mean he is very attractive and he could have any girl – just not the girl he wanted. I almost found it heartbreaking to say the least; I got the guy I wanted and look where I ended up.

Alex finished off doing whatever with his suitcase and as he turned he immediately noticed me looking at him through the mirror, a lopsided grin appearing on his face. He made his way over to me standing behind me, both of us staring at ourselves in the mirror – it was nice.

However Alex disrupted that peace when he playfully poked my ribs causing a squeal to escape my lips, covering my mouth my cheeks flushed red – I get embarrassed easily. He laughed at my embarrassment and I turned round on the spot to face him, pushing his chest back playfully.

How could nobody not love Alex?

“Alex however that girl is, she’s stupid. You talented, funny and good looking and if she can’t see that, she is an idiot”

He smirked at me momentarily before replying.

“She’s not stupid and she’s not an idiot, she’s perfect in every way. I’m the stupid one I shouldn’t have let myself fall in love with her, I should have told her ages ago. I’ve lost her and I’ll have to get used to that. She is far from stupid Jemma, believe me, she’s just in love with someone else”

Those words blame it on the alcohol or my broken heart or me being a total sap for romance, but before I could even comprehend what I was doing in my mind, my heart acted out. I kissed Alex.

My lips attached to his, sloppily may I add and at first he didn’t respond, he stood frozen. However I slowly felt his lips push back against mine, his warm hands traveling down to rest on my hips, teasingly squeezing them tight every now and then again.

Pushing forwards I let my tongue part his lips as they battled together, we both walked backwards still attached before Alex’s legs hit the edge of the bed and we both fell onto it. Immediately I straddled Alex not even contemplating what the hell we were doing. My hands quickly shed his top and mine followed down on the floor next to his.

Alex took control of the situation and flipped us over, him now on top. Wrapping my legs around his hips I brought him closer to me, his fingers trailed down from my hips to my outer thighs, lightly drawing shapes making my whole body tingle until eventually he brought his fingers to my inner thigh.

“Fuck Alex”

I moaned without knowing as I felt my hips start to rock against his, his hard on obvious against my skin as I grinded my hips against it. He let out a moan to match mine as his head went down to rest on my shoulder. That was when the heat was too much for me, I trailed my hand down his chest stopping at the hem of his joggers before pulling them down.

Alex stopped his actions before looking at me intently, his expression changing to one even I couldn’t identify; his fingers gently brushing strands of my brown hair behind my ear.

“You sure?”

Biting my lip I thought for a second did I want this? We were both heartbroken, we were friends, it’s not going to lead to anything, I wasn’t in love with him and he wasn’t with me, it was just a bit of fun, a reckless fuck…right?

“Yeah”

I whispered as I took the rest of the joggers off and Alex proceeded to slip the booty shorts and my knickers off, both of us naked. He took in a nervous breath and me the same, a drunken one night stand was definitely not what I expected for my first time.

Alex took one last look deeply into my eyes before nipping at my neck, sending me insane. I dug my nails into his back and before I could even begin to feel guilty, I felt him enter.

Image


The next morning I awoke to myself laying on Alex’s bare chest, my head pounding, my eyes red raw and my body in agony. Pushing up off Alex’s body I instantly remembered our drunken night of intimacy, not that I’m saying it wasn’t good but I felt the overwhelming urge of guilty hit me like a tidal wave. But should I feel guilty? Gus cheated on me when we were together, I didn’t cheat on him when we were together right?

Nausea overcame me and instantly I ran to the toilet and emptied my contents, I kept cursing myself, how could I be so stupid? But then again I wasn’t with Gus…he cheated, I and Alex were both lonely and it’s not like he was a stranger, I knew Alex I knew him well. It was just a one night stand.

“You alright?”

Alex asked concerned, he was resting on his elbows in bed as I walked back in, the sheets only just covering up his body as I slipped on last night’s PJ’s.

“Yeah I’m fine…Alex urm this was just a casual fuck right? I’m just checking were on the same page you know?”

Alex’s smile faltered slightly not that I noticed, he coughed sharply before messing his dishelved red bed hair into further disarray.

“Yeah…I know”
♠ ♠ ♠
Or does Alex know?
Please don't hate me, I apologize for not updating in so long :(

Quick few things...
-firstly this is not going to turn into some Jemma/Alex story, Gus is thee central focus in this story, this just needs to happen
-secondly I really don't know if there will be a sequel. I don't know how to carry it on because let me put it this way at the moment it's not looking good if you guys want a happy ending. However that could all change :)

Soooo, please keep commenting I love every single one of you that has commented or subscribed to this story, I keep updating this for you and you only :D Mainly Emma :3

Jemma
Alex