Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

Transparent Seas

Isobelle

“Oli you’re a stud muffin okay? Get used to it, every girl wants to ride your dick”

I chuckled down the phone to my boyfriend, who was trying to make me jealous by explaining how the candy clerk at the local store had tried to hit on him for the fourth time.

“It’s my stunning, handsome good looks I know”

“Did you just flick your fringe?”

Serious was the tone I now took, as I asked Oli over the phone. We had been together ever since I was 16 he knew everything about me; he was also my best friend along with Jemma of course.

“Isobelle how the fuck do you do that! And why don’t you get jealous”

He whined down the phone as I bit my jumper to stifle the laughter dying to escape.

“It because we both know I’m the real sexy motherfucker in this relationship”

Hand on my hip; I walked down the stairs from my room and to the kitchen to grab an apple. Tossing it into the air before catching it, I rubbed it softly against the fabric of my jumper before taking a bite into the juicy rough texture.

“True dat!”

Oli joked back as I nearly choked on my apple laughing at his response and his fake mock tone.

Pulling me from my little conversation with Oli, I nearly jumped six feet when the doorbell echoed through my empty house.

Walking over to the grand, oak door that accompanied my white wash house, I trapped the phone between my ear and shoulder pushing down on the door handle and opening the door up.

Standing in front of me stood Jemma, soaking wet from the top of her head to the tip of her toes. Her heavily done up black eye make-up, now stained deep into her placid complexion as her foundation had run to reveal the newest edition…a deep blue/purple tainted bruise under her left eye.

“Urmm, I call you back babe”

I whispered removing my mobile from my shoulder to hold it in my hand, never removing my emerald eyes from Jemma who shifted awkwardly on my doorstep, hold all clutched close to her chest.

“Okay Bean, love you”

I ended the call abruptly as he finished dragging out you.
Turning my attention to Jemma, I ushered her into my house and shut the grand, oak door as rain droplets fell from her lengthily dark hair onto my laminate floor.

“I’m sorry I didn’t know where to go, I need somewhere to stay, I got into a argument with Jerry”

She whispered, her eyes never reaching mine in fear of embarrassment as she began to shake from the wetness of her clothes overpowering her.

“It’s…it’s fine, let’s get you some dry clothes….what happened to your face as well?”

I questioned my voice and tone drenched in curiosity as I led Jemma up the familiar staircase up to my room.

“I, I walked into a door”

She stuttered, I rewound back to this morning at school to try and remind myself whether that bruise was evident this morning. But I drew a blank and assumed it must have been, she had so many bruises and disguised her clumsy accidents so well, I didn’t know which were new or old anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bean is Oliver's nickname for Isobelle, god knows why :L
Thanks to my one subscriber too :')
Title credited to Make Do and Mend
Keep the comments rolling ;)
Amy x