Status: Keep commenting :)

There Will Be Rain

Runaway

Jemma

Watching on in shock I reached my hand out instinctively as if attempting to save her but I was too far away, I knew that...but it still didn’t stop me from trying. Gustav noted my sudden lapse in concentration and interest, cautiously trailing his gaze after mine his mouth hung low; him and Alex, who was standing by his side, rushing immediately to my best friends rescue.

However their rapid footsteps halted to an abrupt stop half way across the room, Isobelle was all ready heading towards the ground at an unflatteringly fast speed; Gustav and Alex’s rescue was going to be too late. Simon had realized from a chorus of gasps that something had happened; turning around on the table he fumbled his hand out in an attempt to grab onto Isobelle’s tiny wrist.

“ISOBELLE!”

Attempting to scream out, it was no use; my screams were nonexistent, refusing to shout out. My reactions forced my heavily painted eyelids to shut over my brown orbs, forcing them from witnessing the scene that was about to unravel before them.

Waiting for the sound to accompany the result was the worse; the horrible knowledge that when Isobelle hit the ground, even though I couldn’t see it didn’t mean I wouldn’t hear it. But that was exactly what happened I didn’t hear anything, just silence; peeping my one eyelid open I saw Gustav and Alex’s relieved expressions as they cussed at Simon’s stupidness, while a chorus of cheers erupted from everyone else.

Fluttering my both eyelids wide open, blinking and rubbing them quickly to make sure I wasn’t imagining what I was being exposed to. The scene I was subjected to was Isobelle safely in the arms of them belonging to Jack? Yeah I’m sure it’s Jack from All Time Low. Breathing a huge sigh of relief my feet immediately rushed to the side belonging to Isobelle. Her attention however captured by the darkened brown eyes and dark dishelved hair belonging to that of Jack Barakat.

“Belle….Fuck, are you okay?”

Clutching my chest from the sudden fright and disruption to the party, I tapped upon her shoulder trying to gain her attention. No such chance.

“You should really watch were you step next time, didn’t your mum ever tell you can’t really fly?”

Jack whispered to Isobelle as I noticed all eyes were firmly locked upon the two, I mean things could have gone a lot worse if he wasn’t there at the right time. Isobelle's pale cheeks flushed a deep shade of pink, rolling my eyes and cringing slightly I hip bumped her purposefully while she was still in his grip both their eyes flicking to me.

“You use that line a lot with the girls?”

Directing my statement at Jack dripping it with sarcasm, his deep brown eyes staring into mine almost analyzing me; after a few seconds he dropped his gaze and cracked out a small smirk his lips tugging upwards ever so slightly, confused I knitted my brows together.

Letting go of his hold on Isobelle, she attempted to regain her balance and her sense of speech before he began walking towards me. His arms outstretched as he got closer and closer, I didn’t know how to react after everything with Jerry, I didn’t know what to expect from Jack Barakat. But before I could react or before Jack could reach me I felt an arm sneakily wrap around my waist, gently pulling me into the side of a comfortable figure.

“Fuck Jack just got owned! First girl to reply with a comeback to the almighty Barakat!”

Jack flipped off whoever’s grasp I was in and continued forward; I didn’t want to look at whoever was holding me. I was too comfortable, I noted he was a male obviously, me and Isobelle being the only females. I realized whoever he was, he was the first...possibly second person I felt safe holding me ever since Jerry and Ethan.

“Fuck off Jack, I claim her as my best friend I refuse you to claim her as your best friend, you always take the good ones”

In my mind I could just sense whoever it was pouting at Jack like a upset child as he said this, giggling to myself quietly I felt his arms pull me tighter to his body; my face burying into his chest which I figured had slight muscle and bulk to it, my nose forced to take in his warm, sweet scent.

“Awhh FUCK YOU Alex, you could be ruining the start of something beautiful”

Unable to contain myself I let out a loud chuckle feeling “Alex’s” chest rumble and shake slightly as he let out a similar chuckle also to Jack’s immature, childish behavior. However Jack just shrugged his shoulders at us before grabbing Isobelle by the hand as they went to find some Jack Daniel's.

“Hey new best friend”

Alex whispered against the top of my forehead, his grasp as tight as ever. Smiling a genuine smile for the first time in a few years, I stole a glance up meeting his teddy bear, brown eyes; his deep red hair sticking messily out of the sides of his beanie, a simple crooked grin evident on his face.

“Hey best friend”

I replied simply before resuming my previous stance, content with just being in his company for a little while.

However 3 hours later and nearing 3 in the morning and my new best friend had passed out on the couch in midst of the still ongoing party; sliding a blanket out from one of the spare bunks I passed Isobelle tucked tightly into the corner of one of the bunks.

“Isobelle what are you doing?”

“Hide and Seek…..SHHH you’re going to give me away”

She pressed her finger to her lips pouting them slowly and struggling to stay awake, she pretty much was shouting at me rather than whispering.

“You’re doing a pretty good job of that yourself”

Jokingly I reached in to ruffle up her black locks, taking advantage of her drunken state while I still could. She fumbled trying to bat away my hand but was failing epically. My teasing soon stopped when a tipsy Jack stumbled out from the tour bus bathroom, whipped cream leaving clear marks in his dark hair.

“ISOBELLLLLE, WHERE ARE YOUUUU!”

Isobelle locked her eyes onto me, her emerald eyes wide and sparkling with mischief; pushing a finger to my mouth I swiftly pulled the curtain back across the bunk. Jack spotted me grinning like a fool before running over to me.

“JEMMMJAM!”

He engulfed me in a bone crushing hug one which I was not prepared for, wincing as I tried to contain my pain. He eyed me suspiciously at me closing the curtain and wincing but shrugged it off in his intoxicated manner, simply just lessening his grip on me.

“Who were you talking to in there?”

He slurred dramatically and loudly may I add, holding my hands to my ears attempting to cover them with the blanket Jack mouthed a quick sorry, covering his hand over his mouth in reaction. Hearing Isobelle’s tiny gasp and drunken giggle, I coughed to cover it up and so Jack wouldn’t find out.

“OHH just my dog Riley she comes everywhere, she’s napping in the one bunk”

Obviously I was joking just having some fun, something which I haven’t fully embraced for a while now. However I didn’t think Jack would fully believe I had a dog on the tour bus but then again this was Jack…an intoxicated Jack.

“NO FUCKING WAY! Can I pet her?!”

He looked so fucking adorable, I felt like I was his mother debating whether to let him have some sweets or something. Smiling widely I turned my attention to the one distinct emerald eye evident in the crack of the bunk, biting down on her cream cardigan to stifle a drunken, girly giggle escaping. She shook her head furiously and tipsily in my direction but seeing Jack bouncing on the balls of his feet, my smile turned to a smirk.

“Sure Jack go ahead”

Dusting my hands off for effect I scooped the blanket further into my hands and made my way back to Alex.

“Urghh Jemma?”

Turning to look over my shoulder I saw a confused looking Jack focusing into the bunk.

“Yes Jack?”

“Why does your dog look like Isobelle?”

“You calling me a fucking dog Barakat?!”

Isobelle’s timid voice was softly heard but it came across with hints of a threat. Admittedly I had never heard her cuss that much, it still came across as quite a shock whenever one rolled effortlessly off her tongue.

“FUCK ISOBELLE….I’m going to get you”

Isobelle’s shriek echoed around the bus, she sprang from the bunk running past Jack and out of the tour bus into the venue parking lot, rolling my eyes I saw Jack soon hot on her heels the tour bus door slamming forcefully as he entered the parking lot too.

“Be safe kids”

Looking up to identify whose voice it belonged to I was confronted with a sober Fraser in front of me. I laughed at his attempted warning before draping the blanket over Alex’s body; he stirred softly pushing his beanie even further off his head.

“You going to be alright looking after him? I would get Gustav to but he went to sleep ages ago and Rian and Zack are in a heated Rockband Rock out”

He looked almost apologetic that I had to look after Alex but I strangely wasn’t too bothered. Alex and I clicked almost instantly, it was nice. However I was annoyed I hadn’t seen much of Gustav, I mean I hadn’t even got the chance to thank him properly.

“I’ll be fine”

Smiling sweetly at Fraser he just scratched the nape of his neck, shrugging his shoulders tiredly and returning to the back lounge. Leaving just me and Alex the only ones left in the front lounge so snuggling down beside him on the couch, under the blanket, I tried to get some shut eye however I was suddenly disturbed when an arm snaked around my waist pulling me closer and tighter.

“Ow, OW Alex!”

I shouted loudly for him to hear, I didn’t mean to gain his attention and wake him up. Fuck that was the last thing I wanted, but he was putting extreme pressure on my healing ribs; something which my silent pleas of pain didn’t agree with and ended up alerting him outwardly.

“I’m not hurting….hurting you…Jemma what’s with the ribs and the bruises?”

Unluckily for me being under the blankets with Alex had caused the fabric of my draped white shirt to ride up exposing my bruised ribcage and bruised abdomen. Flustered and embarrassed I fumbled with the hem of my shirt tugging in down quickly, I don’t know why…he had still witnessed them. He pulled my hands away from my shirt grasping both of them in his own, his brown eyes swirling with fear and fright. Emotions I knew I could by now easily identify, I mean I was the master of expressing them for the past 4 years.

“Jemma tell me who did this to you”

He didn’t ask it as a question nor a statement, he was demanding. Normally I would cower and not speak up a word or make up some excuse. Alex demanded with such anger, he would have easily made me scared and subside into defeat and spill. However this time I didn’t have to cover for Jerry, he was gone and although Alex’s tone should of made me spill right there right then; I decided to tell him because I felt safe telling him, like he wouldn’t judge or lash out, he would just listen. That’s what best friends are for right?

He sat up bolt right against the couch, adjusting his beanie back into place and pulling me up gently and with more consideration this time, leaning my back against the side of his shoulder I looked at the driver seat the whole way through; I was determined not to look into his eyes, I didn’t want to be pitied or sympathized with after I told him everything.

Sighing heavily in the now silent front lounge, the only sound being Isobelle and Jack’s distance screams outside and the muffled voices of Zack and Rian in the back, I ran my fingers through my brown strands pushing my fringe backwards.

“Well you see….it…it started when she left. I was to blame”

I uttered ever so quietly but quietly enough for him to hear, to hear enough for him to grab my hand in his, rubbing his thumb soothingly and calmly over my own.
♠ ♠ ♠
All right a bit of a Jelex moment there ;P I don't know why
Which do you prefer the Jelex or Jetav... :L xD
& as promised triple update tonight :D 'cause someone has finished her exams and college for good! :')
Also tell me whose POV you want for the next update and possibly the one after that...Please? :)

Keep up the comments, I love you all that comment right now yeah that includes vegasvengeance < go check out her story "Fell in love with you in my passenger seat" It's my favorite ;D
& of course ChantelLovesYou <3
Amy x