‹ Prequel: Nikki Witwicky
Status: slow

New Love

Pretend

Once in a while I act like a child to feel like a kid again
It gets like a prison in the body I'm living in
'Cause everyones watching and quick to start talking,
I'm losing my innocence
Wish I were a little girl without the weight of the world


I sighed, bored of sitting in Optimus's office and "protecting" the allspark. Quite honestly, how is a little human going to stop a giant ass robot from taking the allspark? The robot could just flick me into a wall and pick up the cube before taking off so the autobots couldn't stop them. Did no one think of this while running around panicked like chickens with their heads cut off? Stupid, supposedly higher intelligence beings they were.

"God, can this damn attack just be over? I really want to know what Ratchet wanted to tell me now. Damn you decepticreeps!"I said groaning and falling backwards onto my back. I heard the door whoosh open and looked up. Starscreamer stood in the room looking around for something. I quietly got up and hid with the allspark. I relaxed and cooled my body temperature down to that of the metal in the room. He stomped around before cursing and leaving, obviously not finding what he wanted. Soon the sounds of the battle quieted before finally everything calmed down.

"Nikki? Where are you?"I heard Ratchet call out and peaked out from my hiding spot. I saw Ratchet standing in the doorway and relaxed, raising my body temperature back to normality. He looked over at my hiding spot and I moved out of it.

"Hey Ratchet. Man am I glad to see you alive. Screamer came in here but of course didn't find me or the allspark because I'm just that awesome."I said walking over to him. He set his hand down and I carefully stepped onto it. He raised his hand up to his face so he could see me eye to eye.

"That's good. I wouldn't have been able to help myself if you were taking by the decepticons. I would of went after them and slaughtered them all myself for taking someone as important as you."He replied as we headed over to the Med bay where his chambers were also located. It was actually connected to his office which was connected to the med bay. We walked through the med bay and his office before finally stepping into his room. He shut the door and locked it, which slightly frightened me but I didn't let it show.

"Nikki, I have something very important to tell you and I don't want anymore interruptions."Ratchet explained as he set me down on the desk he had in his room. He sat down on the desk chair and looked at his hands for a few seconds. He looked up and made a sighing nose from his air vents. I bit my lower lip as I watched him struggle to find words, nervous at what he might tell me.

"Nikki,even though I've known you for a short time, I feel like I've known you my whole life. I've never really had this type of feeling with any other femme and it makes me nervous to think about these type of things. Because i really don't have the time to think about this stuff when a war is going on and I'm not really good with femme's at all."Ratchet said starting to ramble now as his nerves got to him.

"Ratchet, you're starting to ramble. Calm down and tell me what you need to say. I won't laugh if that's what you're thinking.I swear to you."I told him as his nerves began to fry at my nerves. It was causing me to become all clammy and I could feel myself starting to sweat because of my nerves.

"Nikki, IthinkthatIaminlovewithyou."He said rushing his words so fast, all I could understand was my name. I blinked and frowned trying to see if I could get any of what he had said.

"What?I have no idea what you just said. You said it too fast."I told him looking up at him. He sighed and tittered to himself in his native language. I held myself back from rolling my eyes at him and waited for him to repeat his sentence this time more slowly.

"I said, I think that I am in love with you."He replied, saying it this time slow and calmly. I took a step back as I was hit with a wave of shock. I pressed my fingers to my temples as I thought this over. Yes, I did feel some sort of strong emotion toward him but I couldn't really figure out what it was. Then it finally hit me.

"I love you too."I whispered as I finally realized that I also loved him and then that explained what Elita said to him. He was trying to make a bond with me but because I couldn't full understand my feelings, it wouldn't happen. I looked back up at him and smiled gently.

"I love you too, Ratchet."I said patting his left hand that rested beside me from where I stood on his desk in his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
The lyrics and title belong to Lights. The song is called "Pretend" by Lights. It kind of inspired me to continue this story.