Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Ten

"Lauren, it's John. You were just talking to him two seconds ago." Eric stared at her funny.
"Who's John? No I wasn't." she pulled her hand out of his.
John sat there, silent tears streaming down his face. She forgot him. He was erased.
"May I talk to you all over here for a minute?" Doctor Capucilli asked.
John, Missy and Eric walked over.
"This happens sometimes. Memory relapse. She'll remember soon. You have to stay strong and be there for her now. This isn't going to be easy." he whispered to them.
"She erased me." John said quietly.
"The drunk driver erased you John. It's out of her hands." Doctor Capucilli put his hand on John's shoulder.
"I have an idea." John ran out of the room and went to his car. He sped home and grabbed the photo album and the picture by the lamp and put it in the front. He grabbed his iPod and sped back to the hospital. He barged in the room and set the book down on her lap.
"What's this?" she asked, touching the cover.
"Our life." he looked at the wall.
She opened the book and a picture fell out on her lap. She stared at it, confused. It was her and this man, snuggled together.
"So I do know you. Good, cause you're pretty cute." she half smiled.
"We've known each other since birth. You've been my best friend for 22 years. You're my girlfriend." he said quietly.
She set the picture down on her leg and flipped open the book.
"I'm sorry... I need help. Who are these people?" she felt nervous asking him.
"Don't be sorry. Don't ever be sorry. This is from when we were 5. You're obviously the girl, I'm the one hugging you, and that's Eric and Garrett, two of your other friends." he smiled a little.
"Eric, Garrett." she pointed to them.
"Mhm." he nodded.
"I'm Eric now." Eric smiled at her.
"I feel fucking retarded." she was frustrated with herself for not remembering anything.
"Dr. Capucilli said your memory is going to come back soon but for now we just have to wait it out." he said. 
She turned the page, seeing the picture of her in her blue sundress and him in his shorts.
"That's us." he thought back to that hot summer day when they were 7.
"We're pretty adorable." she laughed a little.
She turned the page to see one of her with a tall man with brown, sidebang hair. They were laughing.
"Who's that?" she asked.
"That's us in 2007." he grabbed her hand.
"John?" she asked.
"Hmm?"
"How long have we been together?" she felt terrible asking. She wanted so bad to remember. 
"Since 2006. It's been 5 years." he said quietly.
"5 years?!" her eyes widened.
He quietly nodded his head. What was going on? He was having a hard time trying to comprehend this.
"John." she rubbed his hand.
He looked up at her.
"I'm going to remember you. I'm going to make this right." she teared up. She was more confused than anything. She wanted to scream and punch the walls.
"You have no idea how hard this has been. Doors always open and slam in my face. I won't let you stay locked. I love you." he touched her face.
"I'm scared." she whispered as a tear fell on his hand.
"I'm here. Don't be scared." he wiped her face. He closed his eyes and sighed.
"Well, I know one thing." she sniffed.
"Hmm?" he opened his eyes.
"I know why I loved you already." she said quietly, her eyes fluttering.
"Why?" he grabbed her hand.
"Because... bec---" her eyes shut.
"Lauren?" he rubbed her hands with his fingers.
"She's exhausted." Dr. Capucilli said.
"She's been sleeping for a week!" Eric said, running his hands through his hair.
"We'll have to wait for the morning to see if she remembers anything from tonight. With injuries like this, her mind could reset every single night." he looked at her papers. John sat there staring at the wall. Every night?
"What are the odds of that?" Missy asked.
"Well, she seems pretty strong. Maybe a 15% chance she wakes up not knowing anything again." Dr. Capucilli sighed.
"She'll remember." John whispered.
"You're more than welcome to sleep here tonight. She'll need you as soon as she wakes up if that's the case." Dr. Capucilli pointed at the empty hospital bed next to her and two chairs in the room.
"I'll head home, John, you'll be okay?" Eric asked, putting his hand on John's shoulder.
"Yeah, I'll be alright. See you tomorrow?" he asked, staring at his sleeping girlfriend.
"Of course." Eric nodded and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been a while! I've been moving around from state to state the past few months and didn't have a spare moment to post!

Thank you all for all of the support
I love you guys so much <3