Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Thirteen.

He stared blankly at her. He felt like a semi had hit him straight in the chest.
"Why are you bringing this up right now?" he asked quietly, running his hands though his hair.
"Because I just sat there stewing about it all day when we were signing papers and stuff." she came clean, holding her ground.
"It was just a th---"
"John, it was just my heart that broke too. But apparently that didn't mean anything to you when you made that choice, now did it?" she cut him off, anger filling her every limb.
"I know that's why you did it. I know that's why you let him hit you." he spat out.
"You have no idea what I was thinking. You ignorant self absorbed asshole!" she got out of his car and started walking away.
He immediately followed her.
"LAUREN!" he called over the cars that she had stormed past. He could only imagine the fire in her steps as she stomped away from him and out of his sight. His heart dropped and he ran after her, each step faster than the last until he caught up to her sitting on a bench at the bus stop up the block.
"What in the hell are you thinking?" he asked.
"I'm well enough to go out on my own. Leave me alone John." she stared across the street at the Mexican restaurant where she had her first legal drink out with John on her 21st birthday. It filled her up with rage even more than before and she found herself digging her nails into her leg.
"Stop doing that Lauren. Look at me and talk to me goddamn it. I'm not some person you can push into a corner like you do with everyone else. Talk to me." he sat down next to her.
She shot up and turned to him. "I need to be alone right now. I'm going to have Garrett get my stuff from the house tonight and I'll talk to you when I'm ready." she spat out, scowling and walking away.
She pulled out her phone and called Garrett.
"Hey darling." she said as he answered.
"Hi! Did you get discharged today?" he beamed, unaware of the pain she was in.
"Yeah. Can you come pick me up. I think it's over with John." she sighed at the sound of it. She knew in her heart it wasn't right.
"Oh Lauren is it because of what happened wit--"
"Yeah Garrett just come get me. I'm at the bus stop down the street from the hospital." she said calmly.
She hung up the phone and spun around to say goodbye to John, but he was nowhere to be found. She sat back down on the bench and started to sob.
All of the things she was throwing away with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
more to come
comments?
subs?
i need to hear what you like and don't like
thank you so much for taking the time to read.