Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Fifteen

John sat there in disbelief, holding his face. She was gone, he was bleeding, and she was hurt.
"Why the fuck did I have to do this to us?" he asked himself quietly, getting up and heading towards the bathroom.
He gazed into the mirror, staring at the cut on his forehead above his left eyebrow. Her nails must have grazed his face. She had never hit John before tonight. Before everything he did. He dabbed the cut with some water and walked into the living room to pick up the broken glass.
His phone vibrated in his pocket. It was Kennedy. Anger and rage filled his stomach. Kennedy was the one who told her. Spat his deadly secret to the woman he loved.
"What?" John answered his phone.
"Sorry, I was wondering how she was doing. Didn't you bring her home today?" Kennedy asked, feeling as if he was going to need to defend himself soon.
"Didn't you ruin my relationship? Why do you want to talk to me? She's gone. She left me. She didn't forget Kennedy. She will never forget." he spat out, grabbing a grocery bag from the cabinet under the sink.
"John you did what you did. If you thought I could keep it from her, you're fucking stupid! She's my best friend. I love her John. I'm always going to be there for her whether you like it or not. You made a mistake. We all make mistakes. John. She loves you. She'll be back, I promise. You fucked up. Don't put the fucking blame on me." Kennedy reamed into John as he wanted to do that night.
"Don't fucking tell me what I did was wrong. Don't tell me things I already know Kennedy. She left me. She hit me in the face and she left with Garrett. Blame your big blabber mouth for that Kennedy." he started picking up the shards of glass.
"Blabber mouth? Are you ten John? Truth is real. Lies are not. I know you know the difference. Did you expect to keep it a secret forever?" Kennedy lectured.
"Shut the fuck up Kennedy. I did what I did. It's over. Everything is over. The life I wanted to build with her just slipped through my fingers and smashed all over the floor." he looked at the glass and felt disgusted at how ironic his words were.
"Don't blame that on me. Your fault. At least she's alive." Kennedy said before hanging up on him.
John continued to pick up the glass, thinking about happier days.

~
"Johnny!" she smiled as he lifted her over his shoulder.
"I'm gonna do it!" he laughed, walking towards the pool.
"No please JOHN NO WAIT NO MY PHONE!" she laughed, pulling it out of her pocket.
"HALVO COME GRAB THIS!" John yelled.
Halvo walked over and grabbed the phone from her, grinning at her upside down head.
"Resume." Halvo laughed.
"Oh you're a dick!" Lauren giggled.
John threw her over his shoulder and she splashed into the icy cold water.
When she emerged, John was laughing with Kennedy and Halvo, holding his hand out for her to grab. She smacked it, smiling, and got out of the pool, her clothes dripping wet. She pulled them off so she was in her black bikini. John's stomach twisted. She was so beautiful. He didn't think the 110 day could get any hotter until now.
"Put your jaw back into place and come hug me." she laughed at him.
He walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her soaked body, smiling. Even after she had taken a bath in chlorine, she still smelled like peaches.
"Payback is a bitch." she giggled.
~

"I fucked everything up, didn't I?" John quietly asked himself as he picked up the last piece of glass.

Lauren sat on Garrett's couch next to Joel. Garrett smiled as he handed her a giant bowl of popcorn.
"Are the three of us supposed to finish this tonight?" she asked Garrett, eyeing the amount of popcorn in the bowl.
"Yup. Every last bite, missy." Garrett laughed.
"What are we watching?" she asked.
"The Hangover 2." Joel grinned, starting the movie.
Joel was a good friend of Lauren's that had lived down the street from Pat his whole life. He was slightly shorter than John, with golden hair that lightly swooped down over his face.
"How's the band going Joely?" she asked, taking a bite of popcorn.
"Good. We just released our new album a few days ago." he said.
"How's it doing?" she asked, taking another bite of popcorn.
"Good." he smiled.

After the movie, Lauren was tired.
"Sleep?" she asked Garrett.
"Of course. It's been a long day." Garrett smiled and helped her off the couch.
Her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was a text from John that simply said "Goodnight"
She rolled her eyes and slid it back into her pocket, hugged Joel goodnight, and walked upstairs with Garrett to his bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's so short! I have so many ideas! I'm gonna be writing all night!
<3