Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Sixteen

Lauren woke up with a ringing in her ears. Her phone was vibrating on the floor.
"What is that racket?" Garrett sat up next to her, his sleep hair standing straight up.
"My phone. It must have vibrated off the table and onto the floor." she rubbed her eyes.
"Who the hell is calling at, oh, it's noon." he looked at the clock.
"It's John." she sighed before picking it up off the floor.
"Hello?" she groggily answered.
"Lauren please come home." he scratchy voice cracked.
"I can't see you right now. Why don't you understand that?" she asked, rubbing her eyes again.
"Please. We need to talk." he begged.
She was sick of his begging. He begged her not to hang up on him after she found out what he did. He begged her to stay home and talk to him that day she got hit. It was enough begging.
"Fine." she sighed and hung up. She threw her legs over Garrett's bed, her feet touching the cold wooden floors.
"I'll see you later?" he asked, his eyes still closed.
"Most likely." she slipped on her shoes, grabbed her stuff, and took off.
The walk to their house was about ten minutes, and in those ten minutes, she had already thought of every skin piercing comment she could possibly shoot at John.
When she got to the front door, she knocked. When he opened the door, she fought back laughter. He had bags under his eyes, he smelled like cigarette smoke and booze, and his hair was a mess.
"Tough night?" she asked, pushing past him and into her house.
"You don't have to knock at your own fucking door Lauren. You know that." he sighed, closing it.
"Didn't know if you had s---"
"Fucking stop it." he scolded, scowling at her.
"Well it's a legit worry you know. You did it before. What's stopping you now?" she half laughed. She was masking the sick pain in her stomach just from seeing his face.
"I learned my lesson." he hissed, sitting down on the couch.
"Leaving wasn't about teaching you a lesson John." she sat across from him on her favorite chair.
"Then what was it?"
"It was me telling you that this," she moved her hands around the room, "is over. We are over." she set her bag down on the floor.
"You don't mean that." he whispered.
"I don't mean it? Are you sure? Because I'm pretty sure I mean it."
"You're going to throw away all these years over this?" he felt tears well up in his eyes.
"You threw it all away when you fucked that girl John. It's no secret. Everyone knows. Your friends, your family. Everyone knows what you did to me. The funniest part is that I didn't open my mouth. I just threw myself into a speeding vehicle. To erase the damage you did to my heart. To get rid of the vision of you fucking her out of my head. I wanted some peace. I wanted to go away." she threw her first punch.
"That's why my parents won't return my calls. They haven't talked to me in weeks." he said quietly.
"Probably." she spat.
"Lauren I didn't mean it. I was blackout drunk. I didn't even remember doing anything until I woke up and someone told me. They thought I was drugged by some fangirl." he confessed, tears streaming down his face.
"No one told me the drugged part." she sighed, throwing the rest of her witty comments out the window, suddenly feeling terrible for attacking him.
"That's because everyone tries to make me out to be this piece of shit." he stomped his foot, rattling the picture of them on the wall.
"John, I'm sorry. Even though I can't trust you right now, I'm sorry for being a bitch." she ran her hands though her hair.
"You can take your stuff whenever you want. I know you'll never forgive me. This is just another bad memory for you." he got up and went into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.
She sat with her hands on her head, angry with herself. She drifted into a daydream.
~
"Please stop kicking my seat Pat." she laughed as Pat kicked her seat again.
"Pat, I'm going to come back there and stab you." John laughed from the drivers seat of the graffitied up van.
"It's a beautiful summer day, I hate being cooped up in this van sometimes." Pat pouted.
"There will be other beautiful days Pat. It's only 2009. We still have three more years until the world ends." Jared laughed.
"We're at the hotel." John smiled as they pulled in.
"Yay! Cabin fever is happening right now." Lauren smiled and hopped out.
John rounded the van and pulled her into a hug.
"I got us our own room." he whispered in her ear.
"Ohhh." she giggled.
"Hey assholes, come help with the bags!" Jared yelled from behind the van.
They walked around and grabbed their bags and went to their rooms.
When John opened the door, a big king sized bed sat in front of them with a big screen TV in front of it.
"So," John reached into his pocket and pulled out 6 condoms, "let's make the best of this night?"
"You are a dirty little man." she laughed, closing the door behind them and kissing him.
~
She got up and walked to the bathroom door. She stood in front of it for a second, then pounded on it.
"What?" he mumbled.
"Please come out John." she sighed.
He opened the door.
"I'm so sorry Lauren." he sobbed, wrapping his long arms around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
so I didn't really leave it open, and the writings terrible. it's 5 am though, that's my excuse.
thanks for reading. I hope you're all enjoying.
<3