Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Seventeen

"John, wake up." she shook his bag of bones.
"Hmmmm." he rolled over, facing the other side of the bed.
"John please. Wake up. Your mom called the house." she said, shaking him again.
This time he shot up. Rubbing his eyes, he threw his long, scrawny legs over the side of the bed.
"What did she say?" he asked, facing the wall.
"She wants us to get together with my mom and go out for lunch today." she quietly replied.
"Lunch? So she can tell your mother how shitty I was to you? We got past that last night, we don't need to relive another argument." he sighed, standing up.
His long, bony body was just a silhouette against the sunlight streaming through the window.
"Stay there. Don't move." Lauren shot up.
"What?"
"Just stay there." she shuffled through her dresser until she found her other Cannon.
She snapped a picture of it, and set it back in it's place.
"I forgot you had that camera too." he walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her waist.
She pulled away, "We aren't there yet. I still fucking hate you."
She felt a random surge of rage fill her body.
"I thought we figured everything out last night." he said, dropping his arms to his sides.
"No, John, you pouted and I came to bed with you. That's how that all happened. Not the fake part where we made up." she opened the dresser and pulled out a shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans.
"You're going to look cute." he smiled at her, hoping he would make her smile again.
"Thanks." she took off her pajamas stone faced, and got dressed.
"Well, what time did they say?" he asked.
"12:30." she sighed, grabbing her purse.
"That's in 20 minutes." his eyes were wide.
He rushed himself getting dressed, threw on some cologne and they walked out to the car.

Lauren sat quietly next to John as her mother stared at the pair of them.
"So how is everything going at home?" she asked, her eyes shifting from Lauren to John.
"Wonderful." Lauren responded, taking a sip of her water.
"That's good to hear." John's mom, Jen, made eye contact with her.
John got uncomfortable. "Missy, how's work going?" he changed the subject.
"It's going wonderful. Everyone at work was relieved to hear about you Lauren." she smiled at her daughter.
"That's good." Lauren shuffled in her seat.
The rest of the lunch was painfully awkward and as Lauren and John were walking to the door, she let out a relieved sigh.
"I'm glad that's over." she brushed her hair out of her face as the warm Arizona air blew on her face.
"And it's only 3. Usually we sit there for six hours." John laughed, reaching for her hand.
She pulled it away and walked to the car.
"What's wrong now?" John power walked after her.
"I'm still upset John." she opened the passengers door and slid in.
"I don't know what I have to do to prove to you that I'm sorry." he sighed as he closed the door for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
i know it's short.
I'm working on more chapters!
keep me posted on your feedback!
<3
thank you for reading.