Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Eighteen

"Alright here's what we're going to do." Lauren sat on the edge of the bed, finally coming to a conclusion on the problem at hand.
"What?" John sat up fast, feeling light headed.
"We're going to put the past behind us. I ended up in the hospital because I jumped to conclusions. Past is past. There's a reason we can't go back John. This is the reason. If you really love me, we will make this work. Because I really love you. But here's the thing. Trust is important to me. When you break my heart, and my trust, I'm not an easy person to win over again. You know this." Lauren ran her hands through her long brown hair, twisting it around her fingers when she got to the bottom.
"I know Lauren. You know I know you better than I know myself. I will win your trust again. If it's the last thing I do." he scratched his neck, reaching for her shoulder.
He brushed his long fingers against her back. She pulled away from his touch and stood up.
"It's not going to be that easy John. I just told you that." she said with her back to him.
She could feel his eyes burning her shoulder blades. She knew he was upset that she was in so much pain over something he did, but she just couldn't shake the horrible feelings that were twisting around in her stomach. What he did was tattooed in her brain. She knew the ice was thin beneath them. A single step to one side, a single stomp, jump, or slip, and they would fall right through.
"What do you want to do tonight?" John asked, feeling a wave of regret and fire in his stomach. He had already done enough damage.
"I want to go to Max's party." she said, still facing the wall.
"A party?" John was confused. They were trying to put the broken pieces of their relationship back together, and she wanted to go to a party?
"Yes John, a party." she walked out of the room and into the kitchen, sliding on her shoes.
He followed her, wondering what good would come out of them going to a party.
"A party?" he repeated, louder this time.
She grabbed her keys and walked to the door.
"People think I'm so broken. I'm fine. I'm a strong person. Sure, I'm sad and hurt, but honestly, what you did isn't going to rule my life anymore. Either you want to be with me, or you don't. It's easy. This is my life too. You don't get to string me around if you don't want to fix this." she grabbed her purse and walked out the door.
John stood in the house, his arms heavily dropped down on his sides, confused as to what just happened. String her around? He wasn't doing that. Not even a little. He slid on his shoes and ran out the door after her, but she was already gone.
He went back into the house and sunk down into the couch, turning on the TV. Part of him wanted to give her space, and the other part wanted to go after her, pulling her into his arms and showering her in kisses and endless apologies. He knew she needed time, but he was impatient. He wanted everything to be okay now. He didn't want to wait for her to come around, realizing he really was sorry. He wanted her to turn the car around and come home, running into his arms.
"I feel like a girl." he said out loud, scratching the back of his head.

Lauren walked through the doors of Max's house, half expecting John to be right behind her, begging her to come home. But to her surprise, she was alone.
"Lauren!" Garrett wrapped his long arms around her and kissed the top of her head.
"Hi Garebare." she ruffled his hair and smiled at her friends that were gathered around her. She was determined to have a good night, regardless of what was going on in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know the chapters have been really short and kind of stupid, but I'm going through a little bit of writers block.
Comments realllllly help with that, believe it or not!
Anyone have any creative ideas?
Do you like it so far?
Thank you for reading!
<3