Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Twenty Two

John heard her throwing up that morning outside the bus. She had tore out of the bunk, ran outside, and threw up. He sat there and stared at the ceiling, wondering if he should go out and see if she was okay.
"John?" Garrett said quietly.
"Hmm?" he answered , running his hands through his hair.
"Is Lauren okay?" Garrett whispered.
"I'm not entirely sure, Garrett." John sighed, throwing his long legs over the edge of their bunk and quietly got out. He tiptoed out of the bus and around the corner where she was leaned against the bus, one hand on her stomach, the other dangling at her side with a towel clenched in her fists.
"Lauren?" he asked, approaching her slowly.
"I'm not a zombie, John. I have an upset stomach." she rolled her eyes, feeling the warm sensation again.
"Are you okay?" he asked.
"Grab my hair." she said quickly.
John ran to her and bunched her hair up in his hands 3 seconds before she keeled over again.
"How many times is that now?" he asked her, as she wiped off her face.
"3." she sighed.
She would have to tell John eventually. It was his baby that was in there. Their baby, making her throw up. But she didn't want to throw him off his game. Or upset him. She didn't quite know how he would handle it because they had never been in this situation before.
"What's going on?" he asked after a few minutes of silence.
"Nothing. I'm just not feeling well. Get me some water, and my toothbrush? I think I'm done throwing up now." she said.

"Lauren what was the deal this morning?" Garrett asked at lunch.
"Didn't feel well, that's all. Woke up with a migraine and the pain must have made me puke." she shrugged.
"How's your head? I have some Tylenol if you still have that headache." Jared said, taking a bite of his chicken salad.
"I'm alright now guys. No pain. Just came and went. Guess that's what happens when you get hit by a car. Side effects may include..." she trailed off, realizing no one was laughing.
"Sorry. I need to find the humor in it." she said, biting her lip.
"It's okay. It was a scary time for us. We thought we were losing our best friend." Kennedy said, taking a sip of his water.
"I don't know what we would have done without you Lauren." Garrett smiled, grabbing her hand and squeezing it.
"Well, I'm alright guys. No side effects from the car accident except a few excruciatingly painful migraines from time to time that make me throw up." she smiled, squeezing Garrett's hand back.
"I'm excited to sleep in the hotel tonight. It's going to be nice to have an actual bed." Pat smiled, changing the subject.
"I got us our own room, so we can sleep without Jared and Pat's snoring." John laughed, rubbing her knee with his fingers.

That night, she sat on the hotel bed with John, watching The Blob on TCM. She was sifting through her purse, looking for her credit card.
"Is everything okay? You've been weird all day." John rubbed her back.
"Just can't find my credit card." she sighed, throwing her purse back on the floor.
Her face got bright red when she realized the contents of it spilled out.
Including the test.
"What is that..." John asked, knowing exactly what it was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler before the next chapter, which is going to be awesome!
comment/sub?
let me know your favorite part of the story!
what could get better?
<33
thank you all for the support!