Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Twenty Four

John sat in the green room, watching Lauren sort merch before the show. John was watching Lauren like a hawk. She felt his eyes on her back constantly. When she had a free minute, she sat down next to John.
"You don't have to watch my every move, you know." She smiled at him, grabbing his hand.
"I want to keep an eye on you two. Don't strain yourself." He said, squeezing her hand and smiling at her.
"I'm only a month and a half pregnant. I'll be fine." She whispered.
They made a plan earlier that day. They weren't going to tell anyone yet. They didn't want any panic, our annoyance. It was their secret. Their thing.
"Just don't strain yourself. I want our little us to be perfect." He smiled.
John wasn't ready to be a dad. He didn't want that responsibly. He wished they were more careful. He saw it as another problem. It gave him a sick feeling in his stomach. A twisting and ripping feeling. Like he swallowed a blender blade while it was spinning. But he kept that private. It was his secret.
"You are wonderful, you know that?" She smiled.
Lauren was content. She felt completely safe and secure with where they were together. She was happy. Not that being pregnant didn't scare her shitless, because it did. But she was content. Happy it was John. Happy he was taking it so well.
"Guys?" Garrett asked, peaking his head around the corner.
John shook his head, trying to shake the fear off, and looked at Garrett.
"Hmm?" John asked.
"They are ready for merch and soundcheck. Ready?" Garrett asked, eyeing the boxes of shirts.
"Let's do this." John said, and shot up.

Lauren was exhausted, and it was only an hour and a half into the show. She touched her stomach, knowing why she was tired. She started to get dizzy.
"Hey!" Garrett smiled, walking up behind her. When he saw how pale she was, he got worried.
"Hi." She said quietly, losing her balance.
Garrett grabbed her arm and steadied her while he pulled up a chair for her to sit on.
"You okay?" He asked after she sat down.
"Just really tired. Not feeling too hot." She ran her fingers through her hair.
"Aw what are you talking about? You're always beautiful." He joked, scratching his head and cracking a nervous smile.
"Garrett, you're sweet." She smiled.
"Wanna take a break and go sit in back with me? I'll have Gary take over for you." He suggested.
"I don't want to abandon my post. I should just suck it up and do my job." She said, trying to stand up.
Her head started spinning again, and then everything went black.

She slowly opened her eyes, the light in the bus stinging them. Garrett stood over her.
"Where is everyone?" She asked, slowly sitting up and rubbing her eyes.
"On stage. I asked Ben to take my spot on bass for the night. I carried you back to the bus. Gary is doing merch for you." Garrett explained, getting up and grabbing her a water bottle.
She cracked it open and gulped it down. Then she shot up.
"I have to peee!" She said fast, standing up and running to the bathroom.
Garrett rubbed his head, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. He scooted over really fast, knocking her purse on the ground. He went to pick up the stuff that fell out when he saw a long plastic thing sticking out of her purse. He pulled it out. When he realized what it was, he shoved it back in her purse and quickly shoved the rest of her things in it.
It all made sense to Garrett now.
"Lauren is pregnant." He said quietly to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Posting from my phone because I've been writing for the weekend on it

Sorry if it's all weird placed and stuff.

Thank ypu guys for the wonderful comments <3

Comment/sub?

<333