Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Twenty Seven

"TACOOOOOS FOR BREAKFAST!"
This was the first thing Lauren heard when she woke up. In fact, this was the thing that woke her up from, what she thought, was a very nice dream.
"Pat. Lauren is still asleep. Stop screaming." John chuckled.
That morning, the guys had woken up, and John had somehow managed to get out of the bunk without waking her up. They then proceeded to attack a Taco Bell for breakfast. But Lauren had no knowledge of this until Pat screamed her awake with taco shenanigans.
She groggily exited the bunk, rubbing her eyes and searching the temporarily blurry area for her boyfriends tall, skinny body. A few seconds later, she walked into the lounge.
"Rude." she squinted at Pat as she plopped down next to John who immediatly put his arm around her and kissed her forehead.
"Morning beautiful." he smiled.
"Good morning love." she grinned back, leaning her sleepy head on his shoulder.
"Tacooooos Lauren. Taaaaaaaacos." Pat laughed like a maniac as he pointed to the 7 bags of Taco Bell.
"What the fuck are we going to do with all this food?" Jared asked, panning his eyes across each bag.
"Well first, I'm going to feed my face with some of it." Garrett laughed, grabbing a bag and ripping it open.
"Want a taco, darling?" John asked, pointing to the bags.
"That actually sounds really yummy right now." she smiled, nodding.

"I'm bored. I'm going to snoop around town. Who's with me?" Kennedy asked as he watched Lauren and Garrett kill each other over and over while playing Modern Warfare 3.
"I'll go." Pat chimmed in.
"Yeah, same here." Jared said, and stood up to find his shoes.
"Garrett?" Kennedy asked.
"Hmm?" Garrett mumbled as he attempted to kill her again.
Kennedy grabbed Garrett's shoulder and pulled him up.
"Let's go for a walk." Kennedy repeated.
"Whyyy??" Garrett whined, the controller still clenched in his fists, eyes glued to the T.V.
"Lauren and John need alone time, that's why." Pat grinned.
Garrett finally set the controller down after a few more failed attempts at killing Lauren and a few minutes later, Lauren and John were alone.
"Ahh. Peace and quiet." John put his arms back and kicked his feet up.
"It's nice." she smiled, curling up against his chest.
"I know." he closed his eyes.
"John?" she said quietly
"Hmm?" he opened one eye.
"I love you." she said, looking up at him.
"I love you too, beautiful." he said, gazing into her eyes.
He put his fingers under her chin and pressed his lips lightly against hers. She smiled into the kiss, a warm feeling rushing over her like a tidal wave.
"Can I tell you a secret?" she asked after they pulled away.
"Go ahead." he nodded, wrapping his fingers back in hers.
"I think I realized I was in love with you when we were 8. We were dancing in the sprinkler that hot summer day. It was like 105 degrees, and our parents decided to hang out that day. You and I were so innocent. So happy, and free. We just danced around in the cool water that showered around us, laughing and giggling and talking about whatever we wanted. And then all of a sudden, your eyes caught the sunlight at the perfect time. I just gazed into them, completely mesmerized. I felt like everything around me was going in slow motion. In that moment, I didn't feel giddy or obnoxiously happy, I felt terrified. I was terrified because I never wanted to spend a day without you by my side. I was so scared of the whole idea. The whole idea that in any moment, the most amazing thing in my life could just disappear, and I'd lose the other half of me. I remember it all like it was yesterday, even though it was all those years ago." she explained, playing with John's long fingers.
John felt his eyes welling up. He had no idea she had those words in her for him, especially not after all that had happened. He processed every last word of what she had just said.
"I have a confession too." he started, gazing into her big beautiful eyes.
She smiled and nodded, signaling him to continue.
"When I got that phone call, I fell to the ground. I thought, 'I'm never going to kiss the lips that were made for me ever again. I'm never going to hold the hand that was created for my hand to fit in so perfectly again. I'm never going to see her gaze into my eyes as we tell each other how much we love each other ever again.' I panicked, but all of it was inside me. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to react, so I didn't. Not on the outside, anyways. I brushed it off like I was fine. I didn't even cry about it in front of anyone. I avoided all conversation about you because I didn't want to deal with it. I knew it was my fault. I knew why you were lying in that hospital bed. I knew that, no matter what I did for the rest of my life, that if I lost you, if you never woke up, it would have been the end of me. You are my everything. You are my inspiration for all that I do. I look at you, and I want to be a better man, a better person, all for you. I want to show you and tell you how much you mean to me, but sometimes, words fail me. I feel like a stuttering idiot. As cliche as this sounds, you are my reason to get up in the morning. You are my reason to keep pushing until I reach my goals. You are the reason I exist. There is absolutely nothing better in life than you. We were made for each other." he confessed.
She reached up and brushed away the tear falling from his right eye.
He pushed his lips against hers once again.
She leaned her head on his chest, closed her eyes, and listened to the sound of the heartbeat that was made just for her. In thaf moment, nothing felt more right.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I'm writing my ass off guys! I have three more chapters already written, so I hope you're all enjoying!!

Thank you all for the reads, comments, subs, recs, and support! <3