Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Thirty

"Alright Lauren, this is going to be cold." her doctor, Dr. Melrose smiled at her.
She was laying in a bed in the doctors office. John say right next to her, holding her hand. John's parents and her mom stared at the monitor as her doctor squirted the cold jelly on her stomach. She jumped a little.
"Ready?" Dr. Melrose asked.
"Yes mam!" Lauren beamed, squeezing John's hand.
She rolled the ultrasound thing over her belly and a fuzzy picture appeared on the screen.
"You see that blinking thing?" Dr. Melrose asked.
Lauren nodded.
"That's the heartbeat." she explained, smiling.
Lauren put her fingers against the monitor and rubbed them over the tiny blinking spot. She started crying a little.
"You guys want to know the sex?" Dr. Melrose asked, running the little thing over her belly.
"Yes." Lauren smiled as it passed the little heartbeat again.
"Well, guys, it's a boy!" Dr. Melrose smiled.
Lauren and John squeeled with excitement.
"Just what we wanted." John smiled at his dad, who held his arms open. John got up and hugged his dad.
"The sixth. I'm so proud of you. I'm so happy for you, son." his dad started tearing up.
Jenny and Missy were crying and hugging each other.

Later that night, Lauren sat in the living room looking at the ultrasound pictures.
"Get the guys over here. It's time to tell them." Lauren smiled.
John pulled out his phone and sent a mass text message.
30 minutes later, everyone was there, sitting around their backyard drinking beers and talking.
"We have news, guys. Lauren?" John smiled at her as everyone got quiet. She stood up.
"I'm pregnant. 3 months. With a boy, and I'm due in June!" she beamed.
Everyone bursted into cheers and claps.
"We couldn't be any happier with the path we're on right now." John smiled. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her head.
"To John and Lauren!" Kennedy held his beer in the air.
"AYEE!" everyone yelled, putting their drinks in the air, then taking a drink to them.
"So, what's the plan, captain?" Jared asked, leaning against the wall next to them.
"One more tour during the pregnancy, then we go into writing/album release mode for a year, and then it's tour time again." John explained.
"I see you've got it all figured out. Congrats guys!" Jared smiled and took a sip of beer.

"Lauren, could I run something by you?" John asked her as she entered their living room, brushing her hair after a shower.
John had his guitar next to him, and a notebook on the table in front of him.
"Yeah baby." she smiled, setting her brush down on the counter.
She walked over by him and sat down.
"I don't even know what to call it. I am frustrated beyond belief right now." he said quietly, clenching his hair in his right hand and tugging on it a little.
"What's it about?" she asked, leaning her head on his shoulder.
"Living. It's kinda somber. I don't know. Loving you. I randomly started thinking about when you'd ask me to take you dancing. You just wanted to dance with me. Then I thought of my parents and their advice. I thought of how much I love you. It's a jumble of things. It doesn't make sense. I can't even give it a name. It's stupid." he started to crumble up the paper.
"No, stop." she pulled his hand away. "Play it. You always let things flow out so naturally and pure. Just sing."
John picked up his guitar and started singing a quiet song, that seemed sad, but the words he sang told a different story. It painted a familiar picture in her head.
When he finished, he stared at the paper for a few minutes.
"That was beautiful, John." she whispered in his ear and kissed his cheek.
"What do I call it?" he asked, wrinkling his nose.
"Hmm." Lauren read the words on the paper over and over again until an idea popped into her head.
"Take Me Dancing." she smiled.
He wrote the new title down above the song.
"Let's go to bed." John said quietly, setting his guitar on the couch.
He stood up, grabbed Lauren's hand, and they walked to bed.
~~~~~~~~~~
"Maybe you should stop being so cute." Lauren laughed at John as they laid on her bed doing homework.
John set his pencil down on his paper and grinned at her.
"I'm never going to finish this and graduate high school if you keep giggling like that. We have three weeks left of junior year." he said, still smiling at her.
"John?" she asked quietly, looking down at her notebook.
"Hmm?" he replied, brushing a strand of her hair out of her face.
"Do you think the future will tear us apart?" she asked, biting her pen cap.
He grabbed her hand, "Nothing will tear us apart. We've been together since we were babies. It's like this; ever since our souls were created, they were created for each other. Half of my soul completes yours, half of your soul completes mine."
He played with her fingers.
"Most guys go away." she trailed off, watching his fingers play with hers.
"Don't use him as an example for everyone." John said.
She turned her face towards his, and kissed him. They continued kissing as she shoved their books and pens off her bed.
John pulled away, his breath a little faster.
"I love you." he whispered in her ear.
"I love you too." she whispered back.
Their lips locked again, and John got on top of Lauren.
"So, this is it?" John asked between kisses.
"I'm ready. Are you?" Lauren replied.
His kisses replied for her as they traveled down her neck and onto her chest. She pulled off his shirt. He shuttered as her warm lips made their way from his collarbone to his shoulder. They sat up and John pulled off her shirt.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

That morning, Lauren woke up to rustling outside the bedroom door. She looked to the other side of her and realized she was laying in an empty bed. She sat up and rubbed her blurry eyes, got up, and walked out into the living room, where she found John, holding a giant box. She recognized it immediately.
"Putting up the tree without me?" she smiled, sitting down on the chair in the living room.
John jumped and spun around.
"Damn, you scared me, and damn, I was going to surprise you!" he whined, setting the box down and kissing her good morning.
"Let me brush my teeth, and I'll come help you." she smiled, standing up.
When she returned, John had the tree standing. She walked over by him and grabbed tinsel, throwing the shiny stringy stuff neatly over every branch. John joined her. They made cute small talk as they finished. This calm tree decorating didn't last long though, because a few minutes later, John had put a bunch of it in her hair, and she returned the favor. They giggled, all covered in tinsel and kissed each other.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I took a short break guys! A lot has been going on.

Happy November Holidays everyone!

Comment/sub?

<3 you all!