Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Thirty One

It was the band's Christmas celebration. Everyone in the band, and their loved ones gathered at Pat's house a week before Christmas and exchanged gifts and had a huge meal. Pat's giant basement was the perfect hosting ground for this event, and as soon as the band was formed, so was this tradition.

John flung open the bedroom door to Pat's room. There he sat on his bed with an oversized Santa hat and beard on. He had stuffed pillows into his inside out red t-shirt.
"MERRY CHRISTMAS ASSHOLES!" Pat screeched as the guys and Lauren gathered in his room.
"You look... ridiculous." Kennedy chuckled, plopping down on the floor.
"Rude Kennedy. Just rude. That costume must have taken him hours." Lauren laughed.
"Yeah Kennedy. Fucking rude." Pat said, and stuck his tongue out of his smiling lips.
"He's the only one that's actually festive. Even though he called us assholes. Not very Santa like language, but I think I can let it slide." Garrett laughed, sitting down next to Kennedy.
"Yeah I doubt Santa would say 'assholes'. In fact, I'm pretty sure he puts anyone that says 'assholes' on the naughty list." Jared chimed in.
"Does this mean I'm going to hell?" Pat asked.
"It means you get coal. You get coal for mocking Santa and saying 'assholes', you fucking asshole. And yes, I'm pretty sure you're going to hell, but I'm also pretty positive you sealed your place there a long time ago." John laughed.
"We all did. We play "devil music", remember guys?" Garrett said, and stuck his rock hands in the air, laughing.
"That crazy 40 year old women calling us "satanists" because we play music. Ahh. Gotta love it." Jared chuckled.
"Haters make me famous though guys. Remember how thug we are?" Garrett laughed.

"Pass the mashed potatoes, Garrett." Pat smiled, holding out his hand.
Everyone was making small talk and smiling. It was becoming apparent to John that, no matter what the future held for them, they'd have the love and support of everyone around them; and that comforted him more than anything.

John loaded up their car with all of their gifts. He wasn't sure all the new baby things and other items would fit in the car, but he somehow made it work. As he slid in the drivers seat, he sighed.
"What's up?" Lauren asked, looking over at his face, which was dimly lit by the moon and a distant street light.
"Nothing at all, actually." He smiled, starting up the car.
"Well, what's on your mind, baby?" She said and reached her hand over, putting it on his leg.
"I realized that this whole band, and everyone we were just around, is our family. Every single person in there loves each other like blood. Not a single person feels like an outcast. Not one of them. We all love each other unconditionally. I want our son to know that feeling. I want him to cherish it. I want him to know, that months before he's even going to enter this world, he has the most loving and supportive family in the world. A family that hasn't even met him yet, but loves him so much." John explained as he drove down the dark streets, meaning every word he spoke.
She couldn't say anything. She just sat there, smiling. John was right.

"John." she shook him awake.
"What's wrong?" John asked, rolling over and rubbing his eyes.
"I can't sleep, and I just wanted to say I love you and that I figured out which blanket were getting him. Oh, I also figured out which crib I like, and that I want to get him duck socks." she explained, giggling a little.
"You realize that you're realllly cute, right? And that I love you too?" he asked her, kissing her forehead and wrapping his arms around her.
"Mhm." she nodded, closing her eyes and drifting off into a dream.

~~~~~~
"John, I'm trying to tell you that she's probably not going to make it through this." Missy told him from the other end of the phone.
"I don't believe this." He said blankly, his watery eyes staring at the wall.
"I'm so sorry. I don't know what to do, John. She won't wake up. She just won't fucking wake up." Missy sobbed.
"I'm coming home. I'm leaving this fucking tour, and I'm coming home. I can't be here." John said, making a plan in his head to be home the next night.
"You're tour will be over soon. Please, stay. She wouldn't want you to see her like this, and she would never forgive herself if she knew you had just up and left." Missy explained calmly.
"I'm still coming home." John replied firmly.
"Please John. You know it's not a good idea." Missy begged.
John hung up on her out of anger. He knew she was right. He knew Lauren would never forgive him or herself if he dropped everything for her. He pictured her mangled body, and cried the rest of his night away, alone in his bunk.
~~~~~~

John shot awake, panting a little. He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, looking at Lauren sleeping next to him. He hated dreaming about that. He hated being so far away. He hated that he couldn't fix anything. And this was a new feeling. He was starting to hate himself for his past mistakes.

That morning, he snuck out of bed early, making sure he was as silent as possible. He quietly closed their bedroom door behind him. It was so quiet in their house.
He walked his bare feet across the cool hardwood floor until he reached the kitchen. He looked around for a minute, rubbed his eyes, and walked to the fridge. As he opened it, the cool air poured across his bare stomach. He pulled out ingredients to make her favorite breakfast, and shut the fridge. He decided today was going to be a good day. And he knew why. He pulled out his phone and called Eric.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry, I took an incredibly long hiatus. I was having horrible writers block and some very bad things were going on in my life. Thank you for sticking around, it means the world to me. I will be continuing this story now, finally. I'm back.
I love you guys endlessly. <3