Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Six

"You okay?" Garrett said on the other end of the phone.
"I'm fine Garrett. Nothings different. She's still suffering." John had just walked in the door as Garrett called him.
"She's got brain activity." Garrett tried his best to look on the bright side.
"It's probably just her wishing she'd just..." John stopped, tears filling his eyes.
"Don't say shit like that. Get some rest." Garrett said and hung up.
John laid in their bed. He was all cried out. Now he was just empty. He felt like a black cloud hung over him. He closed his eyes and drifted off into a deep sleep.
~
"Come to the UK with me." he begged at lunch that afternoon in the park. They sat on a blanket eating sandwiches by a deserted playground. The soft gurggling of the fountain calmed John. 
"John, I have to apply for a new job." she rolled her eyes, taking a bite of her sandwich.
"Don't. Just come with me. I don't want to be that far without you by my side. I'm scared." he pouted.
"Aww you poor little baby." she touched his face, giggling.
"I'm serious." he wrinkled his nose. Her laugh was so cute. 
"I'll think about it." she took a sip of her water.
"Okay." John settled for that answer. 
She looked at him and grabbed his hand. "Let's get my passport tomorrow." she sighed, caving into his green eyes so full of hope.
"Did I ever mention that you-" 
"The best, perfect, beautiful, blah blah blah." she grinned and threw off her shirt. She got up and ran to the fountain, stepping inside. He threw off his shirt and followed her, wrapping his arms around her. He dragged them under the stream of water coming from the top of it.
"Ahhh John that's COLD!" she giggled.
He lifted her face up and kissed her. Water poured down on them.
"I love you Cornelious." she rested her head on his chest, smiling.
~
John woke up sweating again. He sighed, walked to the bathroom, and got a glass of water. He looked at the clock. 4:15 am. 
"I just want to sleep. No more memories tonight. Please." he pleaded with his brain. He drifted back to sleep, his mind shutting off. All he saw was darkness.

The next morning he woke up to his phone blaring. A new text from Missy.
"More brain activity. She's making progress. Hope you feel a little better. Come visit later?" 
He thought about it for a minute, then decided it was in his best intrest to talk to Missy. He texted her back.
"I'll be there in 20 minutes?"
He got up and grabbed his keys.
"Sounds good." she responded.
He made his way to the hospital again, feeling the same sick feeling he had been for days. He couldn't shake it. He didn't want to shake it. His life wouldn't be right ever again. 
He pulled into the visitors parking lot and lit a cigarette.
"I'm coming to see you." he took a drag, running his hands through his hair. He was trying his hardest to stay together but everything was wrong.
 He sat there in silence, finishing his cigarette, watching families walk into the hospital. He wondered what everyone's story was, and wondered if it was as bad as his. He threw the butt out the window and walked inside, going straight to her room. He stood outside her door, listening to the beeping of the machines inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
You guys are awesome!

Comment! I need feedback!

<3