Status: Writing! Comments are encouraged! Subscribe if you enjoy! <3

Run Away

Chapter Seven

~
"Shhh you're going to ruin it." she covered his mouth, giggling. They were hiding in the shadow of a tall tree. The only light that exsisted was from the moon.
"This is insane." he mumbled under her soft fingers. He licked her hand and she pulled back, laughing.
"Okay, they're gone." she pulled off her shirt as the police officers walked off the beach and got in their cars.
"Lauren you're insane. I'm not doing this." he said as she pulled her skirt down. She stood their in her bra and panties, crossing her arms.
"John O'Callaghan take off those pants immediatly." she grinned.
"Noooo." he laughed. 
She tackled him to the ground and strattled him, pulling his shirt over his head. She leaned down and gazed into his eyes, lit up by the moonlight. 
"If you don't get in this lake with me I will kick you in the junk." she grinned. His flashed his crooked smile, the one he knew always caught her off guard.
"John don'tttt play like that those are street rules! I'm a classy girl." she stuck her tongue out. He rolled his eyes and pushed his lips against hers, smiling into her mouth. She pushed him back down flat on his back.
"Take. Your. Pants. Off." she demanded.
"No." he croaked out. 
"Fine." she got off him and walked under the shade. He could only see the outline of her body.
"I'll go myself." she giggled, throwing her panties and bra at him and walking towards the water. She was beautiful. 
She turned and faced him, "This is your last chance O'Callaghan." 
He threw off his pants and boxer briefs and chased after her into the water.
~
"John!" Missy wrapped her arms around him as he walked into the hospital room. He sat in the same chair he did yesterday, grabbing her hand instanty.
"This is going to be a difficult visit." she said, handing him a folder.
"What's this?" he asked, his raspy voice cracking.
"Before you open it you need to mentally prepare yourself. I thought it was something you'd want to see. They're pictures from the scene of the accident. The pictures of her are bad. If you don't want to look you can give it back right now." she said. 
John was confused. He fought with himself, then opened the folder, looking at the first picture. It was a picture of her shoe with a marker by it. He was already crying. He had replayed how he thought it happened in his head every night before bed and now he was actually seeing it. He flipped to the next one, her body lay broken and tangled. There was blood everywhere. He closed his eyes as tears streamed down his cheek. He felt sick. He flipped pictures and opened his eyes. It was a picture of her camera, broken, laying a few feet away from her. He flipped to the report. Scribbly handwriting was on the next piece of paper.
"Hit by a drunk driver going 40 miles per hour thrown 9 feet from where she was crossing the street." it read. He covered his mouth.
"They said that it was remarkable that her heart was still beating, that she could talk to the paramedics. She was on her way to the tree." she said as he closed the folder, handing it back to her and wiping his face. He sat there silent. He wanted to throw up again but he held it down. The tree. Their tree. The tree he asked her to be his girlfriend at. The tree he thought he would eventually ask her to marry him at. It was their special place. She always went there when she missed him. This was all his fault.
"Is he in jail?" John asked quietly.
"They're waiting another week for the trial in case she wakes up." she explained.
"I don't know what to say. I should have come home sooner." he closed his eyes, tears streaming silently out of them. John hadn't cried in years and now he couldn't stop bursting into random sobs whenever she entered his mind.
"I'm sorry I urged you to stay on tour. If you would have seen her a week ago you would be more broken than you are right now. I didn't want you to drop everything. I'll give you some time alone now. Thank you for coming John." she rubbed his back and walked out, taking one last look at John before she closed the door. She loved John. He was the best thing that had ever happened to her daughter. 
♠ ♠ ♠
This is probably obe of my favorite chapters so far.

I need more feedback.

Tell me what I'm doing right and wrong!

This isn't just or me, it's for you guys too <3