Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

015

Travis' POV
I woke up around 7 that morning to take Averi to the airport. I was dreading this.

The ride over was mostly silent. Our hands stayed locked together on my leg but we didn't say anything to each other at all.

"So you'll be gone for a month." I mumbled as I pulled into a parking space.

"Yeah," she was crying, but I could tell she didn't want me to know. She wiped her tears away quickly.

I got out of the truck and got her bag out of the back and gave it to her.

"I love you, Averi. I will be counting the days until you get back, my love." I kissed her passionately on the lips for a few minutes before it was time for her to go inside.

This was going to be a long month ahead of me.

I went back to Averi's apartment to get the rest of my shit,and I took Bow with me. I was his Papa now. I went back to my place and dropped all of my stuff off and the dog, and then went to Josh's.

"Did Averi leave?" Was the first thing he asked me.

"Yeah. She's gone, man."

"It's for the best, dude. When she gets back, you two can finally have a steady relationship."

"I hope you're right."

Averi's POV
I was all settled into the rehabilitation center by 9 that night. I stuck a picture of me and Travis on my desk.

It was taken about a year or so ago, we were at Tony's and I was trying to get a hold of something that Travis had.

A month of this shit.

"Do you need help with anything?" A lady, probably in her late 20's or early 30's knocked on my door.

"No, no." She looked at the picture that was on the desk.

"Is that you and your boyfriend?"

I nodded.

"How long have you two been together?" She sat on my bed.

"About a year and a half or so, on and off."

"Was your drug problem a reason why it was on and off?" She was being nosy, but she didn't mean anything by it.

"Yeah. And he's like a rapper, he tours and he has girls all over him and it's just a lot of stress."

"Do you two live together?"

"No. We've talked about it a few times, but I live with two other girls and he has friends staying at his place whenever. We just recently sort of got back together... but we're not making it actually official until I get back."

"I wish you the best. And if you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here, and you can always talk to me. Amy, by the way." She stuck her hand out, and I took it.

"Averi."