Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

017

It has now been 3 and 1/2 weeks since Averi's been gone, she's supposed to be coming back next Wednesday.

I started dating Mattie. Nothing exclusive because I don't do that shit unless it's with Averi, but you know what I mean. She spends the night almost every night. I needed lovin'.

I was fucked.

Averi's POV

I was going home today. Rehab actually did good for me. Now I can go home and have a relationship with the boy I love. I've stayed in shape, I didn't let the 'gaining weight is what happens when you get off drugs' get to me. I ran 4 miles each day and ate right.

I landed back in California around 9pm that night.

"There's my girl," Panda opened his arms.

"Hey, babe!" I hugged him tightly.

"Look at you! You look better than before." We walked out to his car. "Do you feel good?" He put my bags in the trunk.

"Very good." I hopped in the passenger seat. "Why didn't Travis come with you?"

He looked like he didn't want to say shit. "There's something you and him need to talk about. I don't know if it's right for me to tell you or not." He focused on the road.

"What do you mean? You're my best friend. Please tell me?"

He sighed. "Just don't tell him I told you, okay?" I nodded. "He's seeing someone."

I tried not to act like it bothered me. "Who?"

"Some girl he met at a show. I don't think that they're together liked you two were, but Tony says they're together every night. I'm sorry, love."

"It was expected. I don't wanna talk to him." I pulled my knees up on the seat.

"You have to." He looked over at me.

"No, I don't. I went to rehab for him! And he pays me back with this shit? Fuck THAT."

"Do you want me to take you back to your place or what?"

"If nobody's home, just let me drop my stuff off and then I'll go back with you."

We finally arrived back to my apartment. It was good being home.

"Do you know who the fuck has my dog?" I asked Panda. I walked in the house and there was no sign of Bow.

"Travis has him, remember?"

"And why the fuck does he have my dog? He has another woman." I scoffed and threw my bag on my bed. "Take me over there, I'm going to get him."

Travis' POV
Me and Tony were just chillin' and smokin' when I heard a knock on the door, and then Panda and Averi walked in.

Damn. Her dark red hair had faded into a brown with a red tint and she still had a tight little body. She looked good.

"Where's Bow? I'm taking him with me." Was the first thing that came out of her mouth.

"What, no hey, I missed you?" She kissed Tony on the cheek and went to open the back door.

"Hey, Travis. How's the new girlfriend?" I glared at Panda.

"Why the fuck did you say anything to her?!" I screamed at him.

"She deserves to know, man!" She put Bow on a leash and started walking to the front door.

"What, so you're just going to take Bow, not thank me for taking care of him? I'm practically his parent."

"Thanks for all your fucking help, Travis. Bye Tony, I'll see you later."

"Averi, please. We NEED to talk. Please talk to me."

She sighed. She knew I was right. "Panda, go ahead, okay? I'll get a ride."

"You sure?" He asked her. She nodded and he hugged her bye and then left. We went to the backyard and she let Bow off of his leash and bummed a cigarette off of me.

"I haven't been to the store yet." She mumbled.

"It's straight. You look amazing, Ave."

"What is there to talk about again?"

"Listen. I NEVER meant to have something going with another girl. I met Mattie at a show because I hit her in the face with a fucking mic, and I owed her a coffee."

"Oh, did you now? Well congratulations. I guessed that turned into sex every night."

"Panda told you everything you needed to know, huh?"

"Yeah, because I was wondering why YOU didn't pick me up from the airport. And then I found out that you're fucking me over with another bitch? We had an agreement, Travis! You didn't want me seeing other people, and it was the same for you!"

"Okay, well I can't just cut it off with her! 'Sorry, the girl I want's back from rehab.' Do you know how much of an asshole I would be if I did that to her?"

"THINK ABOUT HOW MUCH OF AN ASSHOLE YOU WERE WHEN YOU STARTED FUCKING ANOTHER GIRL WHILE I WAS IN REHAB! FOR YOU!" I was quiet. "Did you even tell her about me?"

"Yes, I did."

"Well, I wish you two the best."

"We're NOT together! We just have a..."

"Thing? Fuck buddy?" She answered for me. "It's pretty much the same thing, we can't be together. Ever again. Come on, Bow!"

"Well, can we be friends? Please? For the sake of everything. You know how it is when we don't talk. It is fucking hell on earth."

She sighed. "Sure." She put her cigarette out and put the dog back on the leash. "I have to go."

"Well, can I have a hug, or something?" She hesitated, and then I wrapped my arms around her waist. She started pulling away before I wanted her too.

"Bye, Travis." She walked back in the house.

"I'll see you soon."