Status: active :) comments speed it up! :)

I'll Take My Chances

019

I had barely been home 5 minutes and Travis was blowing up my phone.

Travis: can i take you to lunch?

Averi: i just got home and i'm supposed to be going to meet aron later

Travis: what so he comes before me now?

Averi: you came before ANYBODY for a year and a half. what do you want from me?

Travis: to take you to lunch

Averi: -.- ..... where

Travis: :) pick you up in an hour

Averi: you better not be bringing your bitch

Travis: it's just you and me

I slipped on a dress and sandals and got ready to go out.

"And who are you getting all dolled up for? Aron I suppose?" Kenzie sat on my bed.

"Travis wants to have lunch."

"Mills?" I nodded. "I thought he was with another girl? And what the fuck about Aron?"

"I don't know, Travis is fucking confusing." The doorbell rang. "I'll get it."

"Hey, sweetheart." He kissed my cheek. "Ready?"

"So what's this about?" He pulled out of the apartment complex.

"What, I can't take you out anymore?"

"It's weird. I have to be back by 6, I'm going out to dinner with Aron."

"I don't like that you're seeing him. I don't approve."

"Well, I don't like you and Mattie together either."

We pulled up at an Italian restaurant and sat at a small table.

"I think I'm going to end it with Mattie. I just don't want that anymore."

"One's not enough, huh?" I looked at my menu. He leaned back in his chair.

"You were."

"Is this what this whole thing is about? To get me back?"

"I fucked up, Ave. I'm sorry."

"Okay, like you said you couldn't just end it with Mattie, I can't just end it with Aron." I slammed my menu down.

He grabbed my hand. The waiter came and took our order and then left us alone again.

"You've been talking to him barely a day."

I shrugged.

"Do you remember all those nights that we would never sleep? We would have our eyes closed, but we never slept. We would touch on each other. I would rub on you and you would play with my hair."

"I remember."

"All you would have on is one of my shirts."

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"I'm trying to tell you that I fucking miss you."

And that's when I pulled my hand away.

"We need to move on from this, Travis. I'm always going to remember you, but I need to move on. We'll be okay."

"Can you tell me why I want you so bad? You're the only woman that can drive me fucking crazy, out of my mind."

We ate with small talk, and then we left. We pulled up outside my apartment, and we both knew this was the last of everything.

"Can I just have one last kiss?" He asked me before I got out. I nodded slowly. He placed his hands on my neck and kissed me for a good 5 minutes with some tongue in there.

"Bye, Averi."